• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

oakley plate restauration and spare parts

Sgt FU2

Oakley Beginner
i have a pair of oakley plates (2003-2005) and im planning to restore them. those glasses means alot to me, it was left by my father. the paint job is almost completely gone on one of the legs and there are some chips here and there. i dont have much knowledge doing paint jobs on sunglasses. i cant sent these in to the pros cause im not in the US and there is no oakley sunglasses speciallist where i live. also, i have been searching around the web for spare parts. glasses are still ok but if i can find a spare glasses, i would like to replace them. im just trying to make this pair look as pristine as possible. last but not least, i also cant find any manual that'll guide me to tear down this glasses. i would appreciate any help provided.

thanks!! already checked those pairs from ebay. but still i need to know how to tear them down. as for spare parts, im more interested on finding a new pair of lenses. appreciate your help!!

thanks!! already checked those pairs from ebay. but still i need to know how to tear them down. as for spare parts, im more interested on finding a new pair of lenses. appreciate your help!!
Once you have access to the Exchange Section you might be able to find someone who has some new old stock. If not there are a few members here @Chris A Hardaway is one, who can custom cut lenses for almost any pair as long as there is a "donor" lens.

I don't think there's a specific method to 'tear them down', however the construction will present a challenge since Oakley used 100,000 watts of sound to sonicly weld them.........never seen a sonic welder: have you?

Last edited:
I don't think there's a specific method to 'tear them down', however the construction will present a challenge since Oakley used 100,000 watts of sound to sonicly weld them.........never seen a sonic welder: have you?
never even heard of it lol well i guess im gonna have to do it old school way...thanks alot man!

Once you have access to the Exchange Section you might be able to find someone who has some new old stock. If not there are a few members here @Chris A Hardaway is one, who can custom cut lenses for almost any pair as long as there is a "donor" lens.
that sounds interesting but im outside US. mmm... i think i might just buy some spare lenses and ship it to him and then have him ship it back to me. definitely i will get in touch with Chris. thanks for the tip!!

that sounds interesting but im outside US. mmm... i think i might just buy some spare lenses and ship it to him and then have him ship it back to me. definitely i will get in touch with Chris. thanks for the tip!!
Unless you get the donor lenses cheap it may not be cost effective, Chris can give you the low-down on your best option

Hi do you have any idea where i can get a lower plate for my Silver Plate?
One lower plate was missing.
Thanks..

Latest Posts

Back