• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT storage/transportation

Yes - i have posted a couple of pairs in one of these and they fit perfectly. the ott sticks out of the main box but the lid is quite deep to enclose them perfectly....
117db0c626dc4be47bb63b5edd5ca562.jpg
fe792c7e539c07acbaecf631e608cc06.jpg
ce4b3311f43ebf080115af42062b000d.jpg

That fits pretty good.

You could look into finding a older Pelican Case that'd be large enough to hold them. For the size you'd need you might want to look into picking up 2nd hand which is what I did for the one I got for traveling with my camera - it's been to europe and back twice without any damage to the gear inside.

I paid 45 bucks for iM2700 ($200 retail) which had about half the foam missing. I then bought bulk sheets of pluck-and-pull foam from some online store for about 20 bucks to refill it. Or use the expanding insulation foam spray injected into plastic bags to get as though a perfectly tailor fit for the OTT - I had a set of headlight shipped from japan via this method, I was surprised on how well it worked.

You could look into finding a older Pelican Case that'd be large enough to hold them. For the size you'd need you might want to look into picking up 2nd hand which is what I did for the one I got for traveling with my camera - it's been to europe and back twice without any damage to the gear inside.

I paid 45 bucks for iM2700 ($200 retail) which had about half the foam missing. I then bought bulk sheets of pluck-and-pull foam from some online store for about 20 bucks to refill it. Or use the expanding insulation foam spray injected into plastic bags to get as though a perfectly tailor fit for the OTT - I had a set of headlight shipped from japan via this method, I was surprised on how well it worked.

Nice! Do you have any pictures of any of the examples?

Nice! Do you have any pictures of any of the examples?
I may have some on my old hard drive, I'll have to check - will pm you if/when I find them.

Instapak Quick Foam Bags are sold by number of companies, Home Depot or Uhaul might even have the Uline version of them, in this link you can see they essentially create a mold. The shipper simply ripped off that concept because it was cheaper for them; by using home insulation expansion foam (such as; GREAT STUFF Sealant) injected into trash bags, they said the toughest part was figuring out the ratio of how long to spray foam into the bag, without running into the issue of over filling it.

This shows the general concept - Instapack Quick Room Temperature in Stock - ULINE

Packing ****.png

For the OTT you'd need to figure out a way to prevent the foam from encapsulating the two main ribs. So when it's all set, an you pull it apart at the break-lines so to speak it'll just smoothly come out. So maybe putting a balloon as prop head or something to aid in that.

Last edited:
I may have some on my old hard drive, I'll have to check - will pm you if/when I find them.

Instapak Quick Foam Bags are sold by number of companies, Home Depot or Uhaul might even have the Uline version of them, in this link you can see they essentially create a mold. The shipper simply ripped off that concept because it was cheaper for them; by using home insulation expansion foam (such as; GREAT STUFF Sealant) injected into trash bags, they said the toughest part was figuring out the ratio of how long to spray foam into the bag, without running into the issue of over filling it.

This shows the general concept - Instapack Quick Room Temperature in Stock - ULINE

For the OTT you'd need to figure out a way to prevent the foam from encapsulating the two main ribs. So when it's all set, an you pull it apart at the break-lines so to speak it'll just smoothly come out. So maybe putting a balloon as prop head or something to aid in that.

Good stuff thank you!

Good stuff thank you!
The main thing is just filling the head-space of the OTT to prevent any wrap around with the foam bags, otherwise you'd end up having to tear apart the foam upon arrival and then redo it all over again to bring them home. I'd experiment with the DIY sealant in some heavy duty black bags, see if it's possible. Then you can always go with the pre-made ones, or use it as a supplementary option in corporation to a pelican case with plucked foam.

Latest Posts

Back