• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT storage/transportation

Carbon Fiber is soft... but it's also extremely strong and rigid.

Don't have a OTT, but I can tell you as far as protection goes these goggle soft cases suck in terms of protection against impacts - they are just a convenient place to store goggles with a spare lens, or for travel purposes... They are by no means rigid, actually they're so flimsy you can flip them inside-out as shown here standing upright. I put a frog in one to give you an idea of size.

View attachment 614722

Appreciate it, looks like they should fit but only as a in hand transportation. Might pick one this weekend to test it out and I’ll start looking into the pelican option as it’s seems to be the easiest option at this point.

Thanks guys!

Appreciate it, looks like they should fit but only as a in hand transportation. Might pick one this weekend to test it out and I’ll start looking into the pelican option as it’s seems to be the easiest option at this point.

Thanks guys!
They make this product called gogglesoc, it’s like a shower cap to put over your goggles to protect them when they’re sitting on top of your helmet not in use. So if you were for instance wanted to walk around holding the OTT in hand, this thing would essentially protect the lenses. Just a thought...

Last edited:
They make this product called gogglesoc, it’s like a shower cap to put over your goggles to protect them when they’re sitting on top of your helmet not in use. So if you were for instance wanted to walk around holding the OTT in hand, this thing would essentially protect the lenses. Just a thought...
The same concept could be achieved if you had a Pro M Frame storage bag (I've got a spare if needed), and threaded one of these adjustment thing-a-mah-jig to keep it taught on the OTT

There are tons of hard cases on eBay that are large enough to hold an OTT and are filled with small perforated foam squares. You remove the foam foam squares you don’t need to create a cut-out to store the OTT. Hopefully you understand what I’m describing.

There are tons of hard cases on eBay that are large enough to hold an OTT and are filled with small perforated foam squares. You remove the foam foam squares you don’t need to create a cut-out to store the OTT. Hopefully you understand what I’m describing.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.17.09 PM.png

Exactly the foam is called pluck n' pull, it comes in various sizes and thicknesses. Realistically if you use the foam bought from bulk shops and customize them to your OTT, you can put them really in any sort of hard case, even a rubbermaid storage box.

Pelican boxes come with a 0.5" x 0.5" pluckable sections, and in most cases they're 3" deep - if a case is deeper than 3" it'll be multiple sheets stacked. I'd suggest keeping atleast 1.5" between w/e is inside and the wall of the box you're using. An in Pelican's the bottom of them is a solid flat foam sheet 0.5-1" block glued to the case floor.

Because the OTT is such an organic shape you'd need to make a few section cuts in the foam, so I'd grab some grid paper and kind of map out the Top / Side view curvature to figure how much width you have to work with. As the width would be the determining factor in which thickness of sheets to pick up. Basically the foam would act as ribs that would slide over the OTT.

That might sound confusing so here's a quick mock up to try an explain what I mean by sections - A side view or top would've been better but couldn't find a png of the OTT

sec_5.png

Back