• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT storage/transportation

ShortChangeHero

Yo-Yo master
Orange
Taking a trip to Cali in the summer and I wanted to take my OTT so I can show it off at the nude beaches. My only issue is there is no way to fold them so I can put them in a transitional Oakley case. Does anyone have anything suggestions? Open to ideas... please and thank you.

Yes I know I could wear the on the plane but I don’t want to look like a dbag and whole way home.

Taking a trip to Cali in the summer and I wanted to take my OTT so I can show it off at the nude beaches. My only issue is there is no way to fold them so I can put them in a transitional Oakley case. Does anyone have anything suggestions? Open to ideas... please and thank you.

Yes I know I could wear the on the plane but I don’t want to look like a dbag and whole way home.

I wouldn't mind...maybe a flight attendant would be curious and you could take her back and show her how the whole "Over the Top" thing works...

:dance2:

Good question though, I didn't take mine 3 hours to Jersey last year because I was worried about the same thing.

I wouldn't mind...maybe a flight attendant would be curious and you could take her back and show her how the whole "Over the Top" thing works...

:dance2:

Good question though, I didn't take mine 3 hours to Jersey last year because I was worried about the same thing.

I think the wife would have a problem with that... but if she’s sleeping she won’t know huh?

I’m thinking of using a pelican case but it would take a lot of cutting and pasting to get the foam just right. I wish I was good at computers to send pelican the measurements to get me some custom foam pieces.

@htrap2294
@BigRabbit
Ya’ll ever take a trip to the pelican store in Torrance?

How about the microfiber bag over the lenses and then some thin bubble wrap over the rest of them? That would at least get them there and back in your suitcase safely.

Is this what you use... if you don’t mind me asking.
Yes - i have posted a couple of pairs in one of these and they fit perfectly. the ott sticks out of the main box but the lid is quite deep to enclose them perfectly....
117db0c626dc4be47bb63b5edd5ca562.jpg
fe792c7e539c07acbaecf631e608cc06.jpg
ce4b3311f43ebf080115af42062b000d.jpg

I think the wife would have a problem with that... but if she’s sleeping she won’t know huh?

I’m thinking of using a pelican case but it would take a lot of cutting and pasting to get the foam just right. I wish I was good at computers to send pelican the measurements to get me some custom foam pieces.

@htrap2294
@BigRabbit
No I haven't but I want to.

@htrap2294
@BigRabbit

Never taken a trip there yet. :/

When I've traveled with mine, albeit not through an airline, I've used my motorcycle helmet bag. Its a semi ridged bag so it wont protect it from being crushed but its lined and good enough for normal daily use.

Back