• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT storage/transportation

It’s soft. So your packing around the case would be what inevitably protects it from being smashed.
People have givin you multiple very good ideas. This isn’t rocket science.

It says soft in the title. I’m not tryin to be snarky. But damn bro, I know it’s valuable but if it’s not on your person, pack it good preventing crush to a certain extent and cross your fingers.
Or buy an actual hard case of some sort for 100% protection

It says soft in the title. I’m not tryin to be snarky. But damn bro, I know it’s valuable but if it’s not on your person, pack it good preventing crush to a certain extent and cross your fingers.

Yea you are trying to be snarky. You are correct that it says soft vault but so do these.

874483C3-43F4-4B74-90F1-41D8CC20A2EA.png

You mean to tell me the pictures above offer the same protection as the goggle case that I posted earlier? If so then I will gladly purchase the goggle case and use it.

Or I could just cross my fingers and hope the airline crew gently places my bags in the plane and treat them as their own.

Carbon Fiber is soft... but it's also extremely strong and rigid.

You mean to tell me the pictures above offer the same protection as the goggle case that I posted earlier? If so then I will gladly purchase the goggle case and use it.

Don't have a OTT, but I can tell you as far as protection goes these goggle soft cases suck in terms of protection against impacts - they are just a convenient place to store goggles with a spare lens, or for travel purposes... They are by no means rigid, actually they're so flimsy you can flip them inside-out as shown here standing upright. I put a frog in one to give you an idea of size.

IMG_1657.JPG

Lol I gave you honest feedback regarding a simple task. At the end of the day, unless it’s in a pelican case, your fate is in the hands of the bag handlers........
Like others have suggested already......

None of the cases you’ve linked are crush proof.......Not the goggle case, not even the soft vaults......That’s why their called soft vaults. They are semi rigid. The goggle case is even softerl. I Don’t have one but I just googled it and took me about 2 min to figure out.

Back