• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Out Of All Frames, What Are Your Most Favorite And Least Favorite Frame?

Hmmm i really don't know i really like my crosshair and my holbrook's and my X metal's i can't just pick one... how can you when you wear Oakley's??????

Hi

I would say my least favourite was the 1st Gen (?) M Frames, I had 2 sets that cracked and I had to send them back for an exchange. The New M Frames simply rock...

I just hope they keep producing lenses as I will wear them for another 20 odd years :)

Thanks
deano

My favorite frames would be the pit boss, fuel cell, and half jacket xl (I like the simple and functional-ness of the frames).

My least favorite looking frames (note this is how they LOOK not how functional they are): Radars.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Radars, they just aren't the most pleasing thing to look at.

my favorite frames were the antifreeze radars, they felt lighter and looked awesome until my idiot freind dropped them in a river. (he went in after them forcibly, i kicked him in :D)
I saw a guy near by where I live with a anti-freeze radar, they look stunning in person :) one of the best colorways.
But thank's to your friend i sure hope that water was freezing cold.

I think this thread should be split into "to wear" and "period". I love to wear my holbrooks, but I think the best frame ever made was probably the Romeo and they look amazing on display. As far as least favorite, I couldn't wear an OTT if I was at gunpoint, but they're amazing! So I would say from an aesthetic standpoint, the sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Of my current collection, my favorite is actually my Batwolfs because I get such a huge viewing area and the customization options, but my gascans are an extremely close second for their versatility (if they weren't polished frames and all scratched up now they'd probably still be my favorite). That just leaves my Canteens as my least favorite because they look smaller on my face and thus look like I'm wearing kids glasses (in my opinion, tho everyone says its all in my head).

Of my all time collection, it stays about the same except my least favorites were definitely my Juliets. They were heavy on my face and even caused a weird reaction where the rubber touched my skin. They NEVER fit right on my face, in fact they looked like they were floating a few millimeters out from my eye socket all the time, and kept falling down my nose (which I admit, is uniquely shaped, think Adrian Brody, but I don't have that problem with anything else). Also the o-rings in the hinges kept frying for some reason and they arms would go all limp. I kept taking it to Oakley and they just would never last. They're also the only pair of glasses I had that the lenses just got all messed up and my Why 3's would be a favorite, if they weren't defective when I got them and despite sending them back 3 times never fixed.

Favorite: Eyeshade Holbrooks and Frogs in no particular order

To be honest I don't really like the rest of Oakley's frame selection I have tried to because I know they make the best eye protection and have some super limited and unique editions, but I just don't like any of 'em. I wore the xx's and minutes when I was a teen and had a smaller face but hate the look now. Sorry I know that makes me unlike pretty much everyone on here, thats just my steez. I can respect pieces like the OTT but in general Oakleys don't do it for me. I don't really like many other sunglasses either though. Don't like raybans maui jims costas. I just stick with my few oak models I enjoy. I'm loyal, just to a select part of Oakleys offering.

Back