• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People's reactions to your glasses

Wore the Shaun White Offshoot today and this college student was pleasantly surprised by the look. He had this preconceived notion that Oakley sunglasses looked made people look like they were going fishing. I'm just thinking "OK". He asks am I into Ray Ban? My response: "No" in a long strung out voice. Apparently, the students at the college are all into Ray Ban. And he asked me why Oakley. Well, they were the first pair that actually fit this head of mine!

I've gotta say, It is nice being the only one on the block with Oakley (even if they arent the Elite/PB)

Everyone seemed to have their own different opinion about Lance Armstrong, but all those times he crossed the Tour De France finish line in a yellow jersey, while the world's media and commentators across the globe pondered the question "Is he doping? Is he clean?", one college student stood completely alone worldwide with the solitary thought "He looks like he's going fishing".

I had my 0.3 on my head when I was getting lunch the other day and the guy was like "sweet shades man. That's some darth vader **** there." Made me laugh

Jade Offshoot drew some stares today; probably because I wore green in a sea of garnet and gold.

Apparently, folks around town are noticing me wearing different kinds of Oakley. Folks are always watching, even if you dont notice

I would like to recognize the store mgr of the Oakley Vault at Houston Premium Outlet.

day 1- entered with xm Romeo BI etched mint.
Didn't even get past the first display before he gave a shout out "Hey man, I love those Romeos, respect!!" Of course now everyone in the store was ooogeling my shades.
I wandered around in the store looking to buy some more flak 2.0 lenses, and he came over had a look at the glasses and spent a good 10 minutes just talking O history. And he was fairly knowldgable... Imo anyways.

day 2... 8-9 days later I walk in wearing a PB I matte/BIP
same thing, manager calls out, not really loud but loud enough," hi again. I see you wearing the PB I elite line. I just wanted to recognize you and this sweet frames.
while I was looking around he gave some of his store guys a little run down of the PitBoss and how it was created, and how it is a very Elite frame.

So this was kind of fun, I gotta say.
not like the young guys over at Oakley @Galleria.. I swear these kids dont know Oakleys from Ray-Bans or their heads from the @$$es...

Back