• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 1 - (TURNS OUT IS A FAKE) FYI THREAD

alright now I am going to go check my out, crossing my fingers! Although mine did come with the elite micro bag everything else you mentioned I have never checked.

Thanks for the post. Scary out there.

Fake ones have screws and not rivets..... if I recall.

Fake ones have rivits too. If you go to the above link and look at the stem pic you will notice the rivit sticks out further then a real one does. A real PB1 does not really use rivits per say, they are titanium plates with titanium posts and they are pressed into the omatter frame, so if the frame is heated up they can be pulled off and re-installed.

Last edited:
Fake ones have rivits too. If you go to the above link and look at the stem pic you will notice the rivit sticks out further then a real one does. A real PB1 does not really use rivits per say, they are titanium plates with titanium posts and they are pressed into the omatter frame, so if the frame is heated up they can be pulled off and re-installed.
This is why I love this place. You guys have so much knowledge. ... just awesome.

Mine do not appear to have that rounded curvature. They do both have the A in the box on the inside of the ear stem. Although both of mine are identical and one has been sent back to Oakley for new lenses. I don't doubt their authenticity but would like your opinion.

IMG_0079_zpsd1d6a9cb.jpg

IMG_0080_zpsddb3baa6.jpg

That check is the hardest one to see . But just checking the icon and the connection points for the plates are the simple ones.. also 99 percent of the fakes are matte.

Back