• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Bosses - Overpriced?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
pitboss_header_5.jpg

I've been thinking about this for awhile and call me crazy but does the Pit Boss seem overpriced? For $595 (retail) you get an O-Matter frame with titanium plates, polarized lenses and an added AR coating. You also get a nice display box and packaging with it. And then there's the (supposedly) limited production numbers. But does this warrant the high price? I know it's a part of the Elite collection, but honestly I feel it shouldn't be as expensive as an X-Metal but maybe around the same price.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Yeah I think the MSRP is a bad joke. That's why I won't pay it. Also, they're just not very interesting glasses. Flashy isn't the word I'm looking for but when you see them, they're not special looking. X-metals do a better job of looking the part.

Tried one on in Atlanta, but damn, I am not going to spend my rent on sunglasses! They felt nice!

You think retail there is bad? Try Australia. We're paying $895.00 retail. Which equates to $940 USD with the current exchange rate. Now that's robbery.

Are they worth $595USD? Nope. $395 is more appropriate I feel. That being said, I have a pair and love them to bits. I was fortunate enough to pay about $350AUD delivered some years ago for mine for a brand new pair. A price I felt was fair and they're worth that to me.

I'd love a Polished Black/Gunmetal VR28 version, but won't be paying retail. Under $400USD and I'd buy one.

Latest Posts

Back