• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polycarbonate or Nylon?

Which material do you prefer? (See Comparison Info Below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't recall the exact SKU, it was a frame from the tech series (RB8xxx) - but then I believe all lenses in the "Chromance" series are nylon as well.

I’m certainly no RB expert so I could be wrong but RB doesn’t have any nylon lenses.
Only polycarbonate and crystal.
A lot of their frames are made of nylon though.

I’m certainly no RB expert so I could be wrong but RB doesn’t have any nylon lenses.
Only polycarbonate and crystal.
A lot of their frames are made of nylon though.

This, coming from Lux...and I do know for sure, since a small chunk of backend support for Lux is provided by our organization, so there are few contacts "who know things".

Screenshot_20191119-131005_Samsung Internet.jpg

You’d think if they actually offered nylon lenses and being that it’s a superior product that it would be all over their website and product descriptions, which it’s not.

That pic doesn’t prove to me anything definitive.

You’d think if they actually offered nylon lenses and being that it’s a superior product that it would be all over their website and product descriptions, which it’s not.

That pic doesn’t prove to me anything definitive.

I ain't no RB sales rep, nor a RB promoter nor a stakeholder. There's a fact that I knew and I shared it on a public forum. Doesn't make me no difference where you believe or not. I'm not here to prove anything.

Back