• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Ruby Polarized vs Deep Blue Polarized vs ?, need help!

Carrsville

Oakley Beginner
Hello all! Looking at picking up my first pair of Oakley’s in about 15 years. Probably going with the Split Shots. I’m trying to figure out the best lens option for the following activities:
-watching lots of kids baseball (we sometimes spend 3/4 of the day at the ball field between 3 kids)
-daily driving & errands
-time at the neighborhood pool

I was thinking of the Prizm Deep Blue polarized or possibly the Prizm Ruby polarized? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks y’all!

I love the Deep Water polarized! Field lenses are great for umping or playing, but for a general lens for watching games, driving, and the pool I pick the Deep Water hands down.

Deep water H2o is one allot of people go to for everyday wear. With the combination of activities you stated I think that would be a fine choice and you should look no further since this is a one pair deal and you plan to use them up. Now when you get to your 2nd and 3rd pair we will talk more lenses and combos which will lead to your 6th and 7th... and it just keeps going....

For the activities you stated, definitely Deep Water Polarized. However, Ruby has a Bronze base which means ultimate contrast and a more relaxing view of the world. I think you'll be happy with either, but if it were me and I was only getting one pair it'd be the former.

So I was able to test Prizm Black Polarized and Deep Water Polarized outside in the sun. I was actually more of a fan of the Prizm Black Polarized. I've ordered a pair of the Prizm Ruby Polarized to compare to the Black Polarized.

Latest Posts

Back