• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proper Trading Etiquette

I wouldnt trade with anyone here that doesnt have a selling/buying rep. Also wouldnt trade with someone who isnt actively engaged in the site. Like posting every 6 months. I usually ask for their ebay ID too.
Trading is however, one of those leaps of faith.

As someone who has been on the forum for a couple years but not done a lot in the exchange section, the one trade I did, I sent the item first (tracked and insured) to the more veteran member. Worked out great. Usually it's easy to read people's honesty going through basic communication.

I am a leap of faith kinda guy. I've traded newer members once or twice and so far been good, I did however wait for a tracking number. I guess having more feedback kinda made me the trustworthy one...? It had crossed my mind they could have sent crap but pics of the items made me less hesitant. It's all about communication and research. Dealing with active members and lots of communication will help to ensure a smooth transaction.

On a side note I did just get burned on a purchase but that was my fault for pulling the trigger without doing the research. And only minimal communication. This is a great site but scum will show up everywhere. Listen to people when they say PP is the best way to handle things. I got my $520 back and with minimal trouble. PP is the way to go in your not sure who you are dealing with.

I wouldnt trade for new one unless they shipped first. I would however trade for older members i trust without a doubt. A straight trade is risky when dealing with newbie. A partial trade with cash added is always a good trade deal. You can send the cash as guarantee before i shipped. But as always, older member should be treated fairly first based on their standing in the community, hence i require shipping receipt and details before i ship afterwards. Thats how it is for me.

I don't go complete CSI on a new guy, but I do check the posts to make sure they're not the typical hollow posts to boost their count for trade eligibility. Even if their feedback is low, if I do take note if a veteran user gives them feedback.

It is a bit meticulous, but ever since that other thread where there was a middleman involved, I do feel like sellers should show packing pics and shipping slip/receipt just to protect themselves — just as the buyer has PayPal on their side. If I remember that thread correctly, the asset was something the buyer would definitely not want to sabotage, and he trusted his middleman too much to suspect him....leaving the seller in the hot seat.

would be cool to have designated or willing people to facilitate trade transaction between members if requested. There are quite a few guys that i have bought from that would well.

in a cash for item trade its pretty much a P&P transaction but not sure it would provide the same protection if i was trading a item for their item. A middle man would help.

I could see both parties tossing in a few bucks to make it worth someone wild.

thanks to all those who i bought from with no hassle. its one of the great things about this community!

/bean

Back