• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question for people who own firearms

I have heard of home invasion, is it a major issue Stateside?
The average person here will not deal with one in their lifetime however they do happen. Years ago there was a study done with convicted burglars. They were asked why they were worried about when commuting the crime. The answer was almost always the same. “An armed home owner”.

I had a family member die in an home invasion about 20 years ago. Shot in the back of the head twice execution style with a. 22LR. She did nothing wrong. I don’t know anyone else who has had that happen personally though. It’s not common. As for Mr Coffee… he can turn that coffee into an enema. Best way to change the mind of a criminal who is breaking into your house and about to do you harm is to free his mind. Preferably with a suppressed 5.56.

The average person here will not deal with one in their lifetime however they do happen. Years ago there was a study done with convicted burglars. They were asked why they were worried about when commuting the crime. The answer was almost always the same. “An armed home owner”.

I had a family member die in an home invasion about 20 years ago. Shot in the back of the head twice execution style with a. 22LR. She did nothing wrong. I don’t know anyone else who has had that happen personally though. It’s not common. As for Mr Coffee… he can turn that coffee into an enema. Best way to change the mind of a criminal who is breaking into your house and about to do you harm is to free his mind. Preferably with a suppressed 5.56.
We all have lost someone in ways and some have taken those from others as well. Does it hurt any differently for either?

I have no problem with Arms Rights( wording is everything), all carry and home defense. Again lets stay on topic, this isn’t about a home invasion this is about someone asking a question about paying for defense for shooting someone. Is that good question to ask especially now? With everything that is going on and our brothers and sisters getting put jail for good and bad judgement due to others fear and just down right hatred.
Again the coffee isn’t for the criminal….

I have the "defender" program from CCW. I believe its like $200/year or $18/month, which is twice the cost of US Law Shield. CCW Safe - Legal Service Membership Plan for CCW Permit/License Holders

I've researched the different options out there, and CCW came in first place for me. Its expensive, but lets you choose your own lawyer, gives you an unlimited defense budget, access to a legal "dream team", etc. It covers, up front, 100% of the costs of not just criminal defense, but also civil defense, private investigators, and expert witnesses. Also included, up to 500k for bail/bonds. Plus a $250/day per diem for lost wages. Importantly, they cover ANY legitimate self-defense use of force, so if someone attacks you and you stab them with a knife, they will cover you. Also covers your spouse (in your home) for no extra cost.

US Law Shield advertises *heavily* and is thus one of the more well known plans. Its also one of the cheapest, and it also allows for unlimited defense funding. However, you CANNOT pick your own attorney, you have to use who they tell you. Also does not cover things like expert witnesses and private investigators, both of which you will probably need/use. They also do not give any money for "per diem" costs for lost wages due to jail/court, and there is nothing for bail.

I think what you choose depends on your level of risk tolerance as well as financial situation. Personally, I'd rather have it and never need it than vice versa.

Last edited:
What I think Scythe is trying to say is be educated on your rules and laws of your state. If you are informed and follow those laws in the instance of defending your self. There is no need for these attorney groups.

What I think Scythe is trying to say is be educated on your rules and laws of your state. If you are informed and follow those laws in the instance of defending your self. There is no need for these attorney groups.
That is where you are 100% wrong sir, unfortunately.

Even if you *are* informed and follow the law - to a T - in a lethal self-defense situation, you will still
A, have all your firearms confiscated and
B, be arrested and held accountable in court

If you use deadly force to defend yourself, you will be going to court to defend yourself there as well. Period.

It isn't a "maybe" or a "might", you WILL be arrested, your guns WILL be taken away from you, you WILL be standing in front of a judge, you WILL be thoroughly investigated, the incident will be thoroughly investigated and dissected, and you WILL have to defend yourself legally. And probably in civil court too! The scumbags family will sue you arguing that him breaking into your house because he was addicted to drugs didn't warrant the death penalty! This is exactly why these attorney groups exist!

Last edited:
That is where you are 100% wrong sir, unfortunately.

Even if you *are* informed and follow the law - to a T - in a lethal self-defense situation, you will still
A, have all your firearms confiscated and
B, be arrested and held accountable in court

If you use deadly force to defend yourself, you will be going to court to defend yourself there as well. Period.

It isn't a "maybe" or a "might", you WILL be arrested, your guns WILL be taken away from you, you WILL be standing in front of a judge, you WILL be thoroughly investigated, the incident will be thoroughly investigated and dissected, and you WILL have to defend yourself legally. And probably in civil court too! The scumbags family will sue you arguing that him breaking into your house because he was addicted to drugs didn't warrant the death penalty! This is exactly why these attorney groups exist!
Are you from California?

100% wrong? Guilty until proven innocent. What great sales tactics you have, fear. I guess it does work well with the media.

Could the field officer make a mistake, of course. Could there be instances where at the scene things do not appear to be straightforward, yes. Do you have to have a special law service on retainer to deal with all of this incase it happens. No

Latest Posts

Back