• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Re-releasing The Valve For 2014....

...anyways, back to the topic at hand. I got to see the Valve in person yesterday, and I must say that it isn't bad. Definitely not the best pair of Oaks ever, but not bad at all. The frame feels nice and solid and the O-Matter seems more ridgid than it did in the 2013 models. I would say that it looks better in person than it does in the stock pictures. I just wish they hadn't named the frame Valve, because it has very little in common with the classic Valve.
Oh yeah...and Carbon fiber is the standout colorway by a mile.

...anyways, back to the topic at hand. I got to see the Valve in person yesterday, and I must say that it isn't bad. Definitely not the best pair of Oaks ever, but not bad at all. The frame feels nice and solid and the O-Matter seems more ridgid than it did in the 2013 models. I would say that it looks better in person than it does in the stock pictures. I just wish they hadn't named the frame Valve, because it has very little in common with the classic Valve.
Oh yeah...and Carbon fiber is the standout colorway by a mile.

I got to see the Valve also but did not get to see the carbon fiber frame. They feel very solid and will be a good frame for many people.

As for the name, you can draw as many similarities to the original Valve with these as you can between different generations of the Straight Jacket.

How was the carbon fiber? Was it like a water transfer?
The current CF follows the "True Carbon Fiber" color. Which looks like ass.

The stuff from the 90's didn't hold up to scrutiny either, but wasn't trying to emulate the wide 12k weave that looks out of place on small things like glasses. I wish they brought the old pattern back.

It doens't look like real carbon fiber, and I believe it's some sort of water transfer or maybe direct paint to frame. But I think it looks great on the Valve. Doing a side by side comparison of CF prints with the M2, the Valve wins by a mile.

How was the carbon fiber? Was it like a water transfer?
it is just a water transfer type of finish and it doesn't look nice because the pattern was too big, that is only my opinion but the polished black/ +red IR is nice and im liking it, it fits nicely and very comfortable on my face
image_zps1cfa5242.jpg
image_zpsede1bbcf.jpg

Hi guys, first post, g'day from Gold Coast Australia ;-)

I like the new Valve, will check them out at the local O store tomorrow.

To me they look like the replacement for the Scalpel?

Either way, my perfect non-sports sunnies are an Oil Rig lens with Scalpel or Fast Jacket arms - there is not enough sticky stuff on the arms or nose piece in their range outside of sports models. I don't always like to wear my Radarlocks around all the time, but bugger me, they're comfortable and won't fall off!

I tried on the new "Valve" at the O Store yesterday. They aren't bad. I loved the view through the Fire Polarized, but did not really like any of the stock color ways. The Carbon Fiber frame looks like $#!+. The gray one with the Emerald Polarized and green icons is ok. This model is probably a good candidate for a custom in the future. But, they should've called it something else.

Back