• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Re-releasing The Valve For 2014....

I tried them on. They look like Fuel Cells with thin stems. Seem's like Oakley is trying to play it safe and not make anything to flashey, which is what true Oakley fans don't want. I want to see a re-release of the splice and plate.

There's
I tried them on. They look like Fuel Cells with thin stems. Seem's like Oakley is trying to play it safe and not make anything to flashey, which is what true Oakley fans don't want. I want to see a re-release of the splice and plate.

There's an idea a New Plate with actual metal/carbon fibre plates and better bonding of plates to frame as old Plate didn't stand up to the daily rigours .

I went into the O Store and had a look at them, they are a bit smaller than Scalpel but definitely where the inspiration came from. They do not have "Mad in U.S.A." on the frames and they really feel cheap to hold and to wear. The rubber on the ear stems pulls off fairly easily. I agree with a previous poster they look/feel fake.
Quite comfortable on my head though however build quality is nothing like my Scalpels.
Disappointed :-(

i know old thread but need to comment it. VALVE looks awesome IMO. getting one. and YES they are made in usa.

valve.jpeg

i know old thread but need to comment it. VALVE looks awesome IMO. getting one. and YES they are made in usa.

View attachment 99757

"Assembled in USA" is different than "MADE IN USA." Parts can be manufactured in another country and then assembled in the USA. Oakley does not specify where the parts were made on O Matter frames any longer. They could be made in China or USA, but we as consumers will never know. All we know is they were "Assembled in USA."

"Assembled in USA" is different than "MADE IN USA." Parts can be manufactured in another country and then assembled in the USA. Oakley does not specify where the parts were made on O Matter frames any longer. They could be made in China or USA, but we as consumers will never know. All we know is they were "Assembled in USA."

i see. thanks

Back