• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recommendation on lens tint needed

I agree with the above statements too.

If you're already using black iridium go with black iridium polarized and try a frame that will cover everything.

BIP is about 2 percent darker than BI, grey base lens.
Vr28 BIP is a brown base lense that will keep stuff sharper, good for fast moving objects or where better definition is needed.
As prizm becomes the norm there will be 3 colour options available, one of which will be darker than daily. I would go BIP or ice polar, dark as it gets and polarized. Check fitment, maybe a pitch lens if using path, or as mentioned shapes.

I can't find the Vr28 BIP lenses on the Oakley site. I'm using Chrome for Android, if that matters. What I'm wanting is to order custom Flak 2.0 with Vr28 BIP lenses, but they're not in the lens picker. Not meaning to hijack the thread, promise. I just keep seeing people mention this lens, but I can't find it on the site.

I wish you could choose the lenses you want, then they'd show you which frames are compatible with them. Because I have no idea which frames have Vr28 BIP lenses...

I wish you could choose the lenses you want, then they'd show you which frames are compatible with them. Because I have no idea which frames have Vr28 BIP lenses...

Now that is one feature I would love to see on the website. I think I'll email them requesting that feature. A couple dozen other people want to follow suit?

If you need darker for running in the middle east, I don't think you have any other option than Black Iridium Polarized. I wore my X-Metal XX with Black Iridium on a trip to Wadi Rum desert in Jordan and found them to be dark enough in the mid-day sun. But if you say Black Iridium isn't enough, the only thing that will give you more sun protection would be Black Iridium Polarized.

Back