• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replace Gold Iridium with Prizm

razter

Oakley Beginner
Need help choosing new lenses. Currently have Gold Iridium (12% VLT), which are used for all sports (tennis, running, biking, etc). Been wearing these for years and love them, but I need new glasses and I would like to get a Prizm lens. Eyes have light sensitivity, so although I liked the road, they let in too much light for me. Also thinking of a Polarized lens, although it doesn't have to be. Suggestions please.

Need help choosing new lenses. Currently have Gold Iridium (12% VLT), which are used for all sports (tennis, running, biking, etc). Been wearing these for years and love them, but I need new glasses and I would like to get a Prizm lens. Eyes have light sensitivity, so although I liked the road, they let in too much light for me. Also thinking of a Polarized lens, although it doesn't have to be. Suggestions please.
Just be aware that sometimes the prizm lenses can make it difficult to see mobile phone screens, especially if you have replaced the screen with aftermarket screens (they seem to be worse!!).

Just be aware that sometimes the prizm lenses can make it difficult to see mobile phone screens, especially if you have replaced the screen with aftermarket screens (they seem to be worse!!).

For Prizm?
I know with polarized yes (which would translate to Prizm polarized as well) but for pure Prizm only lenses I haven't seen any issues with screens "washing out".

Being that your current lenses are bronze base I'd probably go with Fire polarized. It's a amber based lens which will be very similar to your gold iridium. Its also about 10% drop it should be low enough for your eyes.

Being that your current lenses are bronze base I'd probably go with Fire polarized. It's a amber based lens which will be very similar to your gold iridium. Its also about 10% drop it should be low enough for your eyes.

Although that does sound good, I wouldn't want them darker than what I already have and they would be, correct?

Latest Posts

Back