• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement for Monster Dog

BrannorMcThife

Oakley Beginner
Hi all, so my Titanium-lensed MDs finally died after going through the wash in a jacket I wore to a fireground...

Searching here I find old threads saying Straight Jackets were the replacement style...But now those are no longer sold either...

What should I be looking at as a replacement after all these years?

-G

Another monster dog. They pop up here from time to time. Or eBay if you want to pay and maybe get them sooner.

Welcome. Rick might be able to help you out with your old pair/frame if you still have it. :D

I had a few for sale or trade. This is the last one I currently have, that I’m willing to part with. If you become more active on the Exchange forum they pop up. Maybe one or two month.

If the frame is still usable, there's plenty of aftermarket lenses on Ebay and even some new old stock available here. They're pretty tough! What did you wash them in?!? Good luck!

They got a layer of white on them. I can manually scratch it off, but the one lense must have had a small scratch as it has bubbled a bit.

I'm in Australia, so I could maybe try get replacement lenses after manually scratching off the coating.

-G

Ok. The MD lenses can start to peel around the edges if you don't wipe off body oils or any kind of chemical. That coating is probably the tint that's coming off. I'm no expert on Oakley lens coatings. Rick might know. I think replacement is the best option at least for lenses.

Back