• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reproducing Bob Heads And Torsos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Oakley intellectual property though. Whether or not you think it's ok, if Oakley owns this design-I don't think it's right to do this. Frankly, I don't see the satisfaction of owning a fake Bob. To each his own I guess

It is Oakley intellectual property though. Whether or not you think it's ok, if Oakley owns this design-I don't think it's right to do this. Frankly, I don't see the satisfaction of owning a fake Bob. To each his own I guess

And so are the stickers that people on these forums are reproducing. Do you get any satisfaction from owning a fake sticker?

I think some people are hypocrites on here.

According to Oakley policy, store cases are supposed to be thrown away and yet people own these don't they? The same policy was regarded towards the Bob heads. If you used the mold of the real Bob head and smoothed out the Oakley logos and sold them for the cost it was to actually make them, I don't think Oakley would be knocking at your door.

This is nowhere near the same level as replica sunglasses.

Owning a case and recreating something are two different things, and yes there is a legal issue here that's what alot of us are pointing out, not the fact that we are hypocrites just trying to make sure nobody gets in trouble I don't think that's a wrong thing to do correct me if I'm wrong?!?

I guess, fake Bobs will always play second fiddle to real Bobs.
Just like those who wear Foakleys aren't as cool as those who sport real Oakleys.

Well I will find out soon. I am currently in negoations with oakleys legal department about this. If we get the green light to do it then we are golden. If someone does it before me I would hope that they would make me one for free since I am the person that had the balls to actually contact the legal department about this.

Yes they will be replicas. Yes they will have not a Oakley product across the back of the neck. We might even have to remove the o symbol but that's what negoations are about. I'm hoping to hear final word on this by the end of the week.

If you really think you'd be cooler because you have a real Bob head, get over yourself.

We would all have the real thing if we could afford it, but the prices are so outrageous for something that shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back