• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Elite for M Frame review. (Mframeboss)

Would you buy aftermarket lens

• Yes

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M Frame Boss

I am Jim Jannard...
Iowa
Since I have been a active member of the best forum I thought I could do a killer review on the Revant Elite lens for the M Frame. So here goes hopefully you'll enjoy!

So I contacted Revant Optics about sending me another lens to go along with my Ice Heater Elite that I have already purchased. They made me a ambassador and sent me a sweep and another heater to help with review. What a company, they have been so nice and very quick with returning emails so if y'all have any questions let me know and I'll ask for you.

So at first I thought I would start out with lens safety testing and optical clarity checks. Now they do perform a drop spike test to insure shatter resistance. Now I'm unsure if they carry a Z87 rating but if not I'd be surprised. These lens are thick if not thicker than Oakley lens. Now they do test for clarity but this video will tell you more.

So with all the colors sent they all worked flawlessly in the changing in lighting. I went hiking last weekend and completely forgot I was wearing sunglasses. I was very impressed. Now I tried the Ice and Titanium lens while I was on the lake and they worked very well. It was rolling clouds and the sun reflected right at me a few times but the Revant Elite really worked well. So after 4 days camping I would have to saythat the Revant Elite lens are well rounded and up for any outdoor task.

Now they make more lens for Oakley then the M Frame. I don't believe they do any xmetals sorry guys. Try them out I know you'll love your M Frames again! Link below is about the new Revant facility.

Optics Testing - @revantoptics

They said they were going to send me more lens colors to try. I will update this with any elite series updates. Any questions or comments suggestions etc?

Revant HC3 Elite line is pretty good. I have two sets - the Stealth Black, and Fire for the Juliet.
Their elite line is ANSI Z87.1 rated and they do offer other X-Metal cuts.

I did have some issues with fitment just because of how Juliets/X-Metals orbitals generally are slightly varied on each pair. Some lenses showed stress marks due to fitment but they sent over replacement lenses right away with a smaller cut. Great experience dealing with them.

MVIMG_20180911_090853.jpg

Revant HC3 Elite line is pretty good. I have two sets - the Stealth Black, and Fire for the Juliet.
Their elite line is ANSI Z87.1 rated and they do offer other X-Metal cuts.

I did have some issues with fitment just because of how Juliets/X-Metals orbitals generally are slightly varied on each pair. Some lenses showed stress marks due to fitment but they sent over replacement lenses right away with a smaller cut. Great experience dealing with them.

View attachment 525725
I had no idea they made lens for the xmetals thanks for sharing buddy

Back