• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo MJ #69! United States Postal Service "lost" it !!!??? Please HELP!

@Joseph Smith can you call and get the GPS coordinates from RIMS showing exactly where it was delivered?

We did get all and get all of that originally. I remember it being forwarded to Cody. I will see if I can find it but I sent most of that paperwork to Cody. It remember it being delivered to my area, but it was delivered improperly to the wrong house.

Yea u think it's just a cake walk because u haven't done it. U would be surprised how many packages are left, mis delivered mind u, that UPS/FedEX/whoever delivers the day before, and the customer expects us to carry it down the street to the proper address. Do postal carriers mis deliver parcels? Hell yea. U would to. Incompetence is a bit over the top considering 5-700-1000 deliveries (and address numbers) depending on walking or riding route and area. A lot of carriers are retiring and the new are learning, bouncing to a different route each day and people like u seem to think stuff just appears at ur door miraculously and that the people out there don't make mistakes. It's ridiculous dealing with people like u anytime they come in.

And also, you can have a pkg held at time of shipping. You can also have the carrier, like @SiRacer420 stated, do something with ur packages. Most carriers are easy to work with. Not all but most.

It doesn't matter if they deliver thousands upon thousands of parcels each day. Do your job and do it well....PERIOD. Enough with the excuses. Who cares about excuses? Results matter.

Carriers/mail deliverers are ABSOLUTELY accountable for it is simply what their jobs entail. If thousands of packages is too much for one to handle proficiently and consistently, find another job or vocation. You are obviously on that side of the fence from what I gather from your defensive stance on the subject. People aren't perfect, I get that, but don't think for one second that absolves you or anyone else in that role from 100% accountability.

If you can't take the heat, then I suggest you either grow a thick skin and accept the accountability that comes with the territory or just step out of the proverbial kitchen.

There are good and bad seeds in every single occupation. There are a multitude of postal workers that get it right darn near every time because they take full responsibility and seriousness in their jobs. The apologists that whine and complain about "thousands of packages" just come off as "oh well nobody's perfect". PLEASE.......

It doesn't matter if they deliver thousands upon thousands of parcels each day. Do your job and do it well....PERIOD. Enough with the excuses. Who cares about excuses? Results matter.

Carriers/mail deliverers are ABSOLUTELY accountable for it is simply what their jobs entail. If thousands of packages is too much for one to handle proficiently and consistently, find another job or vocation. You are obviously on that side of the fence from what I gather from your defensive stance on the subject. People aren't perfect, I get that, but don't think for one second that absolves you or anyone else in that role from 100% accountability.

If you can't take the heat, then I suggest you either grow a thick skin and accept the accountability that comes with the territory or just step out of the proverbial kitchen.

There are good and bad seeds in every single occupation. There are a multitude of postal workers that get it right darn near every time because they take full responsibility and seriousness in their jobs. The apologists that whine and complain about "thousands of packages" just come off as "oh well nobody's perfect". PLEASE.......

So, in an environment where you're 100% accountable regardless of the circumstances, how do you prevent yourself from being taken advantage of by scammers?

Your numbers are a bit low. On average, USPS delivers 509 million mailpieces. Per day. Show me a system that can do that flawlessly. I can't even deliver that many sperm without an errant drop or two.

If there was such a thing as a perfect system, then no innocent man would go to prison. Or guilty go free...

But, unfortunately, shlt happens.

Last edited:
You know, re-reading the lol Seinfeld quote about zip codes, I'm reminded of what a reputable source once told me; perhaps @sisson16 can confirm or deny.

There's the zip code + four thing. I was told that it narrows down the location of an address so precisely that you can practically send a package with just a name and the zip code + four and it'll reach the right destination.

Would that have helped here? Who knows. But the moral is, always use the + four with your zip code when you can, to help stack the odds of a successful delivery in your favor.

So, in an environment where you're 100% accountable regardless of the circumstances, how do you prevent yourself from being taken advantage of by scammers?

Your numbers are a bit low. On average, USPS delivers 509 million mailpieces. Per day. Show me a system that can do that flawlessly. I can't even deposit that many sperm without an errant drop or two.

If there was such a thing as a perfect system, then no innocent man would go to prison. Or guilty go free...

But, unfortunately, shlt happens.

My "thousands" are in response to the previous poster's comment how each mail carrier individually 5-700-1000 packages a day. That's a tall number for an individual carrier, but it is what they are responsible for.

Now I did concede that no one is perfect. An obvious example of a carrier mishap that would not be their fault is if it were delivered on the porch of the correct address and it was simply stolen after the fact.

The carrier is absolutely responsible no excuses for delivering to the wrong address which is exactly what the previous poster was defending. Just because humans can make mistakes (especially handling high volumes of parcels) does not absolve them. It's still on them. If I make mistakes, I have to own up to them regardless of the "how" or "why".

So yeah in this flawed world governed by flawed systems, I still believe in responsibility and accountability.

In the specific case of this missing #69 MJ, it's 100% the fault of the mail man/woman. It was delivered and signed for at the wrong house per @Joseph Smith .

My "thousands" are in response to the previous poster's comment how each mail carrier individually 5-700-1000 packages a day. That's a tall number for an individual carrier, but it is what they are responsible for.

Now I did concede that no one is perfect. An obvious example of a carrier mishap that would not be their fault is if it were delivered on the porch of the correct address and it was simply stolen after the fact.

The carrier is absolutely responsible no excuses for delivering to the wrong address which is exactly what the previous poster was defending. Just because humans can make mistakes (especially handling high volumes of parcels) does not absolve them. It's still on them. If I make mistakes, I have to own up to them regardless of the "how" or "why".

So yeah in this flawed world governed by flawed systems, I still believe in responsibility and accountability.

In the specific case of this missing #69 MJ, it's 100% the fault of the mail man/woman. It was delivered and signed for at the wrong house per @Joseph Smith .

Well again, back to my analogy with the criminal justice system...

So, we concede that no one is perfect. On either side. And that people have to be accountable for their mistakes. So, like a court of law, you have to determine who ****ed up. And they have a system in place to do that. Can it successfully determine the correct answer every time? Like our criminal justice system, no. We may "know" and trust some people here and that gives us bias, but an impartial system by definition is without bias.

I mean, just look at earlier in this thread. There were insinuations that JS may have been shady. Others refuted it and that became what's accepted. I've met him in person; perhaps you have too. How many of the other posters here have? Some, but most not. So, were they to be truly impartial, why should they trust us on our word alone? An impartial system has to go off of hard evidence, not hearsay.

Would you rather 100 guilty go free than a single innocent convicted, or 100 innocents be persecuted than allow a single guilty to escape punishment?

I'm not trying to defend USPS or this delivery carrier here; I believe he ****ed up. I just object to the 100% accountable idea, because it implies 100% accountability to not just mistakes, but accusations of mistakes. Not all accusations are legitimate, nor can the legitimacy of all accusations be correctly determined 100% of the time.

Theory is nice but practice is different.

We did get all and get all of that originally. I remember it being forwarded to Cody. I will see if I can find it but I sent most of that paperwork to Cody. It remember it being delivered to my area, but it was delivered improperly to the wrong house.

Had they provided this info, a claim would have been acceptable. Cody forwarded me the paperwork you sent him, and it's not in there. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have gotten that info together as its a standard procedure.

EDIT: on top of that, the Oliver Dr is not the address he asked for it to be shipped to, yet it was, so how did the shipper get your old (while moving?) or correct address (before moving)? A piece of the puzzle is missing, and someone is keeping it a secret.

Last edited:

You, are a ******* idiot. No one is saying accountability shouldn't be had, simply pointing out the obvious as far as mistakes go. I guess u have never messed anything up while drawing a paycheck?? Or you just haven't messed up any of YOUR stuff on a paycheck, so no big deal. Mistakes happen on a day to day basis in any job field is the point. Maybe u should re read.

You know, re-reading the lol Seinfeld quote about zip codes, I'm reminded of what a reputable source once told me; perhaps @sisson16 can confirm or deny.

There's the zip code + four thing. I was told that it narrows down the location of an address so precisely that you can practically send a package with just a name and the zip code + four and it'll reach the right destination.

Would that have helped here? Who knows. But the moral is, always use the + four with your zip code when you can, to help stack the odds of a successful delivery in your favor.

Yes that's about right. Most businesses, for billing purposes, must have their +FOUR, and make a big fuss about getting them timely when new addresses or streets are put in. Those are issued from a higher level than the local office tho. These were introduced sometime in the 80s iirc

Latest Posts

Back