• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratched MY new TITANIUM gearbox :( Solutions?

If you plan on keeping a Ti watch scratch free you have to leave it the display cabinet...

:agree:

I have the one with the Ti band and I wear it everyday. If I scratch it, I will not be disappointed at all. Those "battle scars" will make your watch unique and one of a kind.

Not sure if I would spend any more money on taking it to a jeweler or buying any items to brush & rub : but it would have been nice to keep it flawless - although I am not sure if I swim or use it while working out - what sort of wear and tear marks will show up on the titanium portion of it ?

You will end up with a more satin like surface as the small scratches blend into each other. Had a picture of my Ti dive watch and it looks like this after several years of hard use (ignore the other items in the picture...)
IMG_1681.jpg

I'm sorry if this offends you but you are on some serious drugs if you think Oakley is going to replace YOUR watch because YOU scratched it. Also you really don't have any options because with those 60% off coupons you cant make returns or refunds. So just be HAPPY that you got an awesome watch at an awesome price.

You can use a brillo pad to get that brushed look back again. Just be sure to go in the direction you would like the grain to flow.

A Brillo Pad, but wouldn't it further ruin the titanium? Not sure if i know the technique to do it properly :(

Latest Posts

Back