• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sometimes I Amaze Myself.........

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
I was looking for a docking station charger for Iphone 5 that I could leave at home and charge phone while there on weekends. I just take my cord and charge in hotel rooms during the week. Anyway I thought up this and I don't think it's been done before. I thought about using a x metal watch stand but didn't want to waste one if I messed it up. With the card stand if I mess up only out 5 bucks. I wish I could have just used the stand itself but the cord would not bend and fit the way I wanted it to. I drilled out a big hole and used the 30 pin adapter and an old ipod cord. I looked around for a name brand one but no one hardly makes one that the case can be left on. Anyway if someone else decides to make something similiar to this I would love to see a picture of it.....

P8111649_zps3b1b3eda.jpg

P8111648_zps93ff8b06.jpg

P8111651_zps8392cb03.jpg

P8111650_zpsa3230480.jpg

Thats really sweet, I've been thinking about making some kind of dock/stand for my iphone. I will look into this as an option! Thanks for the idea!

Thats really sweet, I've been thinking about making some kind of dock/stand for my iphone. I will look into this as an option! Thanks for the idea!
If you do something take a picture and let me see it. I think an x metal watch stand would be great for one but not willing to mess up one of mine to try it.

Back