• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spine Case Help

Cutch22

Some say we'll see Armageddon soon
Premium Member
Just picked up a Spine yesterday. It has some fixing that it is in need of. Any suggestions would be helpful.

1. It is missing the keys. I thought the would be universal with another case. Unfortunately not. Anyone have an extra key they are looking to sell? Anyone change the locks on these? Which brand did you use?

2. The plastic light fixture in the top is warped and sagging in the middle? Anyone else run across this? I was thinking of mounting the whole thing to a piece of plexiglass, but wanted to see if there is a better way.

Thanks!!

Most likely the warping is from the halogen lights on my spine the bottom white cover got burnt from the lights getting so hot switch to led is a must.

On my case I just changed out locks with new ones from Home Depot. Easy fix, I also went to halogen lights as replacements works great. I really like the spine cases. I think they are the best looking of all Ive seen.

@TheDukeOfIce, that man can refurbish like he made those.:drinks:
Thank you brother.

Spines are damn cool cases, congrats! I saw a Spine in AZ that had that upper light shelf warped, if you got that one - it’s quite the warp! It looked almost 2-3” of sag, and if so- would try and get some aluminum bar stock and paint it to match and use that as a lower brace. Could also use glass, but Plexi will sag over time, even with little weight. Just like any Aluminum double wide will show :)

For the keys, I re-key all mine to the Aluminum Cases key set. PM and I can give you the part number to order those.

If your Plexi is scratched up, I really like the NOVUS products. If nasty, will use 1,000 then 2,000 grit, then do the NOVUS 3 step polish.

Good luck, once all setup these cases are beautiful! (But do wobble a bit, it’s disconcerting, but normal it seems)

Thinking about this a bit more, you could also take some C channel and wedge / cap the front and back of the upper shelf. It would likely give it the rigidity you need, and could blend right in.

Or look butt ugly, hard to know until you put it there and stand back and look at it :)

Are you able to open the case since you dont have a functional key? If not Cobalt drill bits will chew through the lock cylinder like butter. I have had to drill some out before on other cases. Then replace with new cam locks to match all the other 10 cases in the room now.

I have 2 Spine cases in my home office. Love them, easily tied for #1 favorite case style, the current case 4.0 with in rail LED beams is my favorite.

Back