• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped Torx T6 Screw, Juliets

DRILL OFF THE HEAD,USE NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS TO TWIST OUT THE THREADS...IVE DONE 10 ALREADY
Just out of curiosity,would a broken bolt extractor work if you have one small enough?done that method many times as a mechanic so thats what i was going to try on mine first since i have a nice snap on kit that does actually go down that small.

Alrighty.thx.looks like i get to drill then.

Either that or desolve the screw in warm concentrated HCl. Titanium in the frame should be fine, might damage the finish if it is X-metal, early plasma etc.

Either that or desolve the screw in warm concentrated HCl. Titanium in the frame should be fine, might damage the finish if it is X-metal, early plasma etc.
Hate to sound like a moron but what is HCI?i was just going to drill it out so i can get the lenses out then allow the frames to soak in PB Blaster for a few hrs to desolve any corrosion in screw then twist out with pliers.not too concerned with the finish being that i planned on repolishing them.

Back