• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions on fixing a Carbon Blade?

midwestbroncosfan

Oakley Expert
MN
I have a pair of Carbon Blades, where the screw literally popped out of the frame. I flexed the frame to put them on and it just popped out. I pushed the broken part and screw back in, and it appears to stay, but it sticks out a little and I fear if I flex it too much, it will pop out again. Any suggestions?

20230327_120539.jpg

20230327_120541.jpg

I have a pair of Carbon Blades, where the screw literally popped out of the frame. I flexed the frame to put them on and it just popped out. I pushed the broken part and screw back in, and it appears to stay, but it sticks out a little and I fear if I flex it too much, it will pop out again. Any suggestions?

View attachment 1043615

View attachment 1043616
My goodness, I hope this doesn’t happen to my pair. I have not even wore them yet. Sorry, I don’t have a answer for you, hopefully others will chime in eventually.

Is this design flaw still an issue on latest pairs?
I can see this is a Ferrari pair but it may be worth enquiring about a replacement pair of the 'standard' colours while they are still available?

Well, I think I'm going to move on from the Carbon Blades. If anyone wants these PM me. $200 or BO. Comes with original baggy and ferrari hard case.

Back