• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tell me about the Half-X

Murph1219

Oakley Beginner
Title sums it up. Seems to be quite a few BNIB pairs on ebay for what seems like a reasonable price. When we're they produced? Size comparison to a Juliet? Anything else helpful? Thanks, Greg.

Less wide than Juliet but taller, has spring hinges, no nosebridge flex. The spring hinges have a reputation for breaking easily, which is one of the reasons they aren't too popular. If you do some forum searching you'll find a lot of info on the topic.

My first pair of half x did me for 6 years before the hinge went and I love them despite that weakness and have picked another 2 pairs up since joining the forum they are light have good coverage and imho are stylish and understated and uderrated

Here are some shots of both of them together. Mine is a bit different since I had my Half X lens trimmed down by roughly 4mm to lower the overall lens height. As far as fit goes, they're a little tighter than the Juliet. They're still comfortable for me, but I have a smaller head.

Just a side note, my Juliet's are pretty darn tight (tuned)

These aren't the best shots, but hopefully they help somewhat:

IMG_9345.JPG
IMG_9346.JPG
IMG_9347.JPG
IMG_9348.JPG

They're even a bit small for my head. If you can wear the medium/large frames, I wouldn't bother.

Here are some shots of both of them together. Mine is a bit different since I had my Half X lens trimmed down by roughly 4mm to lower the overall lens height. As far as fit goes, they're a little tighter than the Juliet. They're still comfortable for me, but I have a smaller head.

Just a side note, my Juliet's are pretty darn tight (tuned)

These aren't the best shots, but hopefully they help somewhat:

View attachment 384329 View attachment 384328 View attachment 384327 View attachment 384326

They're even a bit small for my head. If you can wear the medium/large frames, I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, I love the XS but want more wrap to keep the light out the sides. That final picture is telling. The half-x lenses are tall.

Yeah, I love the XS but want more wrap to keep the light out the sides. That final picture is telling. The half-x lenses are tall.

Keep in mind, I had the lens chopped by a good 4mm (close to 5/32"). They're even taller!

I think you'll like the X Squared

Back