• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Texas Oakley Extravaganza Meet - April 25th 2015

I had an awesome time with everybody. I really didn't know what to expect; coulda ended up awkward, bunch of people standing around silently staring at stuff. But it wasn't; great people, great stuff, great collections; the time flew.

Really enjoyed meeting those I already "forum-knew" and also those I didn't.

Kudos to Hog for putting this together. The biggest forum meetup to date. Also kudos to Frogskins and GRFM for traveling from out-of-state to attend.

BTW @KillerCollector there were seven tables of stuff; that's not shabby.

I've got a bunch of pics, too, but my hotel wireless is so crappy they'll take forever to upload so I'll do it after I get home. Probably Monday, because Sunday is The Wife's b-day... :behindsofa:

This was a great time! Had the opportunity to meet some great people and learn a bunch of new things! I may be new to the Collecting world, but I hope to be on par with these guys one day.
image.jpg

Thanks you @Dallas O Hog for putting on the event and for the Vegas case! Also shout out to @GRFMotorsports for the Holiday Garage Rocks, I don't think I'll be able to get them out of my GF hands!
It was great meeting everyone I look forward to the next meet!

Now I want to slit my own throat even more ... God damned u-Haul trailer! If that did not happen, Theresa & I were 100% committed to being there ... maybe even the farthest-traveled folks, who knows. Just the photo of everyone at the table makes me grind my teeth in envy.

Eh, ... I have to hold tight to the hope that another such meet-up will come up, & then have everything fall in line ...

At least I could help a little in the fund raising for the event, ... with that, I can pretend to live vicariously through that ...

Be good, folks ...

Jason (Zeke)

I just want to say thanks to DOH for putting this together, everyone who donated to make it happen and everyone who showed up. It was a great few hours of meeting and chatting with people who have the same passion. Everyone was cool, no dickheads.... lol Great time. Hit one Vault Fri night and met some great folks there, hitting another one today on the way out of town after more BBQ.

There was some AWESOME stuff on display... glad I didnt see anything I absolutely had to have or else I would be stuck here and broke with no way to get home. Great job everyone!

Dont forget to try out that restaurant we talked about Frogskins and give me a full report back. Make sure to research the menu ahead of time to know what day to go.

Back