• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘The "I Broke My Oakleys" List aka "Tales of woe"

Details of how it happened, please.
I concur with the Doctor !

Catch-Me-If-You-Can.jpg

Details of how it happened, please.
You really are heartless, the trauma has scarred me.......as far as memory serves me, I think it was the White Trenchies, taking them off and snappp. The 7.62s were when I was trying to take the right earstem off, also snappp. The Eye-Jackets Cobalt / +Red, when I moved the pair off my head, snapp. The Moons, the Tortoishell, I just looked at them wrongly, the orbital broke. The FMJs, I took off at the wrong speed, broke the Left orbital..........no, ......no.... I can't continue,.....my beautiful O-Matter ,..........

Not exactly a "broken pair" but I was mowing the lawn about 10 years ago while wearing an old pair of Square Wire 2.0 with fire iridium (spring hinge) and the mower blade kicked out something, either a rock or acorn from the oak tree. The object in question came out from the mower, hit the oak tree trunk, bounced off that and hit the right lens. All I saw was a blurred object moving at high velocity. The impact left quite a mark and ruined the lens. Those glasses saved my right eye for sure, which is why I like Oakley even more now.

edit: I should also mention that the impact was hard enough that it flaked off the iridium around the impact area.

You really are heartless, the trauma has scarred me.......as far as memory serves me, I think it was the White Trenchies, taking them off and snappp. The 7.62s were when I was trying to take the right earstem off, also snappp. The Eye-Jackets Cobalt / +Red, when I moved the pair off my head, snapp. The Moons, the Tortoishell, I just looked at them wrongly, the orbital broke. The FMJs, I took off at the wrong speed, broke the Left orbital..........no, ......no.... I can't continue,.....my beautiful O-Matter ,..........
they sound flimsy, you sure it was your fault?

added. through tears....

Not exactly a "broken pair" but I was mowing the lawn about 10 years ago while wearing an old pair of Square Wire 2.0 with fire iridium (spring hinge) and the mower blade kicked out something, either a rock or acorn from the oak tree. The object in question came out from the mower, hit the oak tree trunk, bounced off that and hit the right lens. All I saw was a blurred object moving at high velocity. The impact left quite a mark and ruined the lens. Those glasses saved my right eye for sure, which is why I like Oakley even more now.

edit: I should also mention that the impact was hard enough that it flaked off the iridium around the impact area.
added to "honourable mentions"

Back