• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Rarest X METALS............

The X serial Ruby Juliets were classed as the first generation amongst collectors. The first 5000 I believe were what is known as the first release, which had the darkest ruby lenses produced but were changed later in their manufacturing. I believe silicone was involved with lens coating/backing somewhere. The lenses which followed were still very dark in comparison to today's ruby and had a lovely purple middle to them with little of the fire colour except towards the edges. This particular type in mint condition and complete with original box is still very collectable. Not perhaps quite as collectable as a Michael Jordan Romeo, but very collectable all the same. The J serial followed the X and is classed as the second generation, the lens being a lighter shade than the first gens, which continued as the x metal ruby production went on.
I hope this helps.
I have some but leneses replaced :)

The first 5000 I believe were what is known as the first release, which had the darkest ruby lenses produced but were changed later in their manufacturing.

The first 5000 were definitely not the darkest Ruby lenses of the series. They were typically nicely bright red that rainbowed to yellow at the edges. There were some batches that were red/purple, but that was very much unusual rather than the norm. It was later batches after 5000 that you saw more darker red lenses, but that was all batch dependent and still not typical. It was in 2005/2006 that the manufacturing process changed that led to typical Ruby lenses nowadays being more like first gen Fire Iridium. Still, you'll see batches with super dark purple even though they are not the norm. I've been buying Ruby Iridum since the first wave in 2000 and following they very closely ever since, but the darkest Ruby lens I've gotten is on the X-Squared which I bought in 2009 which are practically purple.

The first 5000 were definitely not the darkest Ruby lenses of the series. They were typically nicely bright red that rainbowed to yellow at the edges. There were some batches that were red/purple, but that was very much unusual rather than the norm. It was later batches after 5000 that you saw more darker red lenses, but that was all batch dependent and still not typical. It was in 2005/2006 that the manufacturing process changed that led to typical Ruby lenses nowadays being more like first gen Fire Iridium. Still, you'll see batches with super dark purple even though they are not the norm. I've been buying Ruby Iridum since the first wave in 2000 and following they very closely ever since, but the darkest Ruby lens I've gotten is on the X-Squared which I bought in 2009 which are practically purple.
post pic of xs please

Back