• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Things I wish Oakley Would Do...

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
1. Get more input from JJ...and actually listen to his advice
2. Have space on the Oakley website for people (like soulfulfrog, Cory, RJ, The X-man, V2Oak and others) to design and sell custom Oakley products directly to the public, but also give these vendors access to discounted frames/lenses of their choice to work on, on a replacement basis only (ie. if they sell a pair through the website, they can purchase the next pair at a discounted price to eliminate scalping or selling discounted products offline). Best selling designers should be specially commissioned to do limited limited-edition sets for Oakley. They could do a feedback system with a disclaimer that Oakley itself is not responsible for the work of these artists. Oakley could receive a small commission from every sale for handling invoicing/shipping.
3. Try and take over Dillon Optics or negotiate to do crossover lenses that have the same standards as current Oakley lenses
4. Re-manufacture the classic X-metals and magnesium frames as well as the subzero range, but also manufacture some of the prototype ideas they came experimented with.
5. Release the newer prizm lenses for earlier models
6. Not be forced to be financially viable for every single sunglasses release that they make so that they can be free to innovate and think outside the box and regain their cult following.

Wow that is an amazing list.

I think they would rather print some more T-shirts instead of trying to cater to the hardcore fan base. The days of Over the Top, Medusa, Pro M Frame, X Metal, Magnesium M Frame are gone.

Their customer service department needs a major overhaul.

It’s probably just me but I would really hate it if Oakley started making Classic X-Metals again... I like the hunt and knowing you can’t just go down to a Sunglasse Hut and buy a pair... Kind of makes them special.

I agree with you to a certain extent. It wouldn't be bad if they had a limited special holiday run or an anniversary run of a certain xmetal in a finish that was never produced like a Romeo or XX in carbon but it would have to be very limited.

I agree with you to a certain extent. It wouldn't be bad if they had a limited special holiday run or an anniversary run of a certain xmetal in a finish that was never produced like a Romeo or XX in carbon but it would have to be very limited.
Yeah that might be cool but I bet they would cost some crazy price like 1500.00 bucks or something.

Oooh. Some saliva just dribbled onto my cornflakes.

Latest Posts

Back