• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

THOUGHTS ON OXM

I use dab of grease to hold everything togeather and spread the orbitals so the new thicker washers go in easily without pushing them out of place during installation. Over tightening the arms does absolutely nothing for the fit.

Makes sense. I've always just liked the feeling of the arms being tighter but will no longer do that. I probably destroyed my juliet washers (above) after getting the correct torx!

Are you using 2 loose fit washers on each side or just one loose/tight?

What type of greace?

Cheers!

4 per frame of the thick washers. Any kind of grease will work....I personally use "weapon shield" because its waterproof and I have a big tub of it...lol

4 per frame of the thick washers. Any kind of grease will work....I personally use "weapon shield" because its waterproof and I have a big tub of it...lol

Wow... I don't think I have the skills to get 4 in there. Maybe I'm not torking the frame open enough and being too delicate. Getting the 2 in was a feat for me!

Is there a YouTube of someone doing this?

Thank you! I'll give it a try. I'm surprised a toothpick provides enough space, but I'm definitely going to try. Once in, it's super easy to align...it's getting them in without just falling off or worse flipping off the table! I ended up using lens cleaning spray to keep things in place the last time. Anyway; thanks all for the help. The OXM parts seem like great quality.

If the replacement washer is low-friction then you don't need washer on washer like oem design. The metal will slide along surface of the washer with little resistance. This is the idea behind OXM washers' function. I'm happy that you are pleased with the products!

I've seen a number of frames with only two OEM washers per side and not four. One of the things I enjoy about refurbishing the temple hinge is to see how many OEM washers fall out and what kind of condition they are in.

I prefer a tighter fit on the hinges of my personal XX and keep my screws tight. I use Purel Gel hand sanitizer to keep the washers in position when installing but it evaporates and doesn't provide any lube.

I bought a pair from OXM, juliets, bronze, they were beautiful and very well done. Have since sold them.
1590251912375.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back