• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb 2 and Livestrong Replacement Rubber

Although it's not the OEM style that I think followers of this thread are looking for, perhaps my weekend project might inspire some new approaches to solving the TB2 replacement band challenge:
View attachment 411973

Some Works in Progress

That defeats the purpose of flexiblity. The reason why oakley uses unobtanium band is to have room and flexibility when wearing it but the down side of it is that unobtanium doesnt last very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That defeats the purpose of flexiblity. The reason why oakley uses unobtanium band is to have room and flexibility when wearing it but the down side of it is that unobtanium doesnt last very long.
Sorry; I didn't explain that photo very well. I mounted the TB2's "armor plates" to a thin strip of stainless steel, which is actually more flexible than the OEM Oakley band. I’ve only worn it for a few hours, but my first impression is that it feels at least as comfortable as OEM. Hopefully has better longevity.

Last edited:
There’s a guy in ebay selling his tb2 for $2,500 but it also includes an extra red band... last time I saw one on eBay it was going for $600 alone

You would almost need it for his. Unless you have little wrists. So I don’t think it adds any value to the item for sale

Agreed, however that was not a very persuasive argument to the seller. They are standing pretty firm at that price. I know a guy trying to sell one on eBay for about 2 months now that hasn't come down from $2,000 yet.

After wearing mine for the first time, I would be more than happy to contribute to a crowd-funding for making replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back