• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK X-metal servicing. Cerakoting. Custom cut lenses. Stripped screw heads. UK

Hi Neil

I haven’t started the service yet as I just want to clarify you know the lenses are losing the iridium around the edges. It is just possible that when I take them out, some iridium may come of.

Mike
Yea, what’s new about the iridium coating coming off. Just really irritates me, I have several pairs doing this that I rarely wear. Sorry, I just wanted to say my 2 cents worth. 😂

Yea, what’s new about the iridium coating coming off. Just really irritates me, I have several pairs doing this that I rarely wear. Sorry, I just wanted to say my 2 cents worth. 😂
I put it down to moisture getting into the orbital recess. I usually find dust and gunk that builds up over the years. When that gets damp, it affects the iridium and the tint film.

@OakleyOneKenobi thank you so much for breathing new life into my Juliet’s. Could not believe it when I unwrapped them. It took me back to the day I bought them, so much so that I switched back to the Fire lenses I got from you. The Sapphire looks super stunning too. I loved the fact that you mailed me photos of my diy attempt to hold the arms in place 🤣 felt rather foolish but y’know needs must - but for anyone reading, the wire from those little bag ties do not, I repeat, do not work 😜
Our conversations clearly show your love for this kind of work and you seem to instinctively know that it was like you were looking after something very precious to me.

I look forward to doing further business with you soon (I’m sure we can add a few more lenses into the mix 😉)

All the very best

Rob
(I’d post photos but they truly won’t do it justice!)

Back