• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I don't mind if it is made in China as many products these days are. Some products are of high quality too.
What bothers me is that i purchased a pair of Split Shots from Oakley Australia website and then i get tracking from Shenzhen China. The place where all the factories are. When it arrives i thought i purchased from a fake site as the arms on the split shots have "USA Made".
What i am pissed about is false advertising from Oakley. If it is made in China so be it--dont give me a stamp that reads USA made. I would slightly feel better if it said "designed in the US".
I demand a discount off all Oakleys made in China now!

Go ahead sue them.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-29 um 00.03.51.png

Does anyone know if the custom oakleys are assembled in the USA if the regular versions are? For instance a pair of sutro lites is assembled in the usa but a pair of custom ones has the Oakley custom logo where the assembled in usa marking is?
Thanks!

Honestly it doesn't matter if it says "assembled in USA" or "made in USA"---it comes fresh off the factory floor in Shenzhen and priority mailed to you.

I was always a faithful consumer of Oakley sunglasses , I was willing to pay more for the Oakley name because they were of superior quality to other brands . I was recently shopping for new sunglasses at the Oakley store. i noticed there was no made in usa stamp on the frame. i asked why it was no longer marked on the glasses.

I was told they didnt want to put that label on their product any more . I decided if this was true . its no the truth. the truth is the product is made in china I can tell the difference when I take an original made in usa pair and the new pair they are not the same. the material china uses is not the same quality and this saving Oakley a ton of money!! so i urge you to stop buying Oakley at this price. its no longer worth this inflated price. they are now basically selling imitation quality product for original quality price.

If you have made in USA Oakley frames you will know iam right compare for your self and be sure to comment on Oakley's site.

Azeddine
I was looking to buying a pair of Oakley Gauge 8. The look was nice, but a soon as I saw the "made in china" I steered clear and went for a pair of Randolph Aviators and a pair of Ray-Ban Colonel. Best decision ever.

I was looking to buying a pair of Oakley Gauge 8. The look was nice, but a soon as I saw the "made in china" I steered clear and went for a pair of Randolph Aviators and a pair of Ray-Ban Colonel. Best decision ever.
Where do you think those Ray-Bans are made?

Does anyone know if the custom oakleys are assembled in the USA if the regular versions are? For instance a pair of sutro lites is assembled in the usa but a pair of custom ones has the Oakley custom logo where the assembled in usa marking is?
Thanks!
Maybe it depends on where you order it from (unless all custom is shipped from the US), I imagine if anything is still made in the US it's probably the plutonite at most, the frame materials/etc especially metal frames would be all overseas. So even if the customs were assembled in the US the components likely are not. I've also heard an unverified comment from a cousin of the former Lux CEO that all the frames are made from one source company for brands like ray ban, maui jim, etc etc, and as you can imagine it's not in the US.

Oakleys are and always have been overpriced pices of ****! Plutonite? Unobtainium? All just marketing bs to get the common idiot to spend $300 on a ¢.027 pair of plastic drugstore trash! Now they are even bold enough to outsource them to Mongolia for manufacturing? Wow! Really? One has to be beyond desperate to lay down their hard earned money for a pair of these toy sunglasses nowadays!

Latest Posts

Back