• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warden (Hammer) SKU: 05-886 - Common?

Hi All,

I have some Warden (Hammer) sunglasses and wondered if they are rare - as I can't find much history of them for sale.
They were purchased new by me in 2004 and only had light use for a short while.

Frame: Silver
Lenses: Grey
SKU: 05-886

Many thanks.

View attachment 1081421
View attachment 1081422
View attachment 1081423
View attachment 1081424
View attachment 1081425
After seeing yours, I don’t like my 2007 Warden Square Icon triggers as much 😂. You have a sweet pair. I never knew that these existed until I seen your pair. I went to “Oreveiw” right away and was checking them out. They are bad@ss!!
IMG_1213.jpeg

Hi All,

I have some Warden (Hammer) sunglasses and wondered if they are rare - as I can't find much history of them for sale.
They were purchased new by me in 2004 and only had light use for a short while.

Frame: Silver
Lenses: Grey
SKU: 05-886

Many thanks.

View attachment 1081421
View attachment 1081422
View attachment 1081423
View attachment 1081424
View attachment 1081425
Honestly I wouldn't say they are "rare" as much as they aren't really collected as far as I can tell.

The Warden was originally released with a set of three Athlete editions that were only sold in brick and mortar surf shops on the West coast. Those were the White Frame/Black Lettering w/ Black Iridium lenses, The Black Frame/Neon Green Lettering w/ Black Iridium Lenses and the Black Frame/Pink Lettering w/ Black Iridium lenses. These were sold in very limited numbers and to my knowledge pictures of the Black/Green model do not even exist.

The Hammers were the first official model to be released before transitioning to the Trigger stem version in 2005. Once the "Stretchline" Line (Eyepatch/Twitch/Montefrido/Fatcat) of glasses was phased out, a few of those were rebranded into the short lived BLOCline (artist editions) and finally the Square O Series. This is where the Square O version of the Warder came into being, then being phased out in about 2008-2009.

The Silver/Black Iridium version of the Hammer is probably the most common of the hammers.

Mine are in the back row here
1693420934302.png

Thanks for the replies and detailed info. Are mine Iridium lenses?

I have also posted on the valuation request thread as I'd like to sell them.

In the UK I cant find much history of these specific sunglasses for sale.

I misspoke on the lens color in my last post the silver frame only came with grey lenses so yours would be grey

Please can someone advise on establishing the lense size? I cant see any markings? Thanks

Latest Posts

Back