• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch Winders for TB and Auto's

Mine arrives Friday and hopefully I will get my one TB1 back from Zach pretty soon and my other I left back in Memphis from my daughter by Christmas. Gonna have to keep this updated since one will have the new capacitor and the other the old I may keep it that way and see if either fail to be kept wound.

The ones I see have different speeds and modes .... I would think 900 turns a day is allot better than sitting stationary all day. Would it not work with the new Gen capacitor? I could see how the original capacitor might not keep up.

My TB1’s have all had the capacitor replaced with a li-ion battery.

Did replacement capacitors not exist, or you felt the battery was an upgrade?
As I understand it the capacitor on the TB1 is simply the generator of power and there is an actual "rechargeable battery" so to speak that is part of it that stores the power. There are technical terms but that's the layman's way of putting it. The storage part of it is what you are actually upgrading to lithium

As I understand it the capacitor on the TB1 is simply the generator of power and there is an actual "rechargeable battery" so to speak that is part of it that stores the power. There are technical terms but that's the layman's way of putting it. The storage part of it is what you are actually upgrading to lithium
So the capacitor didn’t get changed at all then

Started using my winder today.... first impression is... The TB1's need the wrist pad to hold but they fit very well. The extra watch storage is too small for the larger MM or HP's but fit the stainless band watches. I put one of my 3 Tb1's on it today already half charged with an original capacitor in it (not upgraded) as far as I know. It is quiet and turns the watch for two minutes every 6 minutes. No way to increase or adjust the rotation on this model. Saw some for more money that would. Ill post again in a week and plan to allow the watch to stay in the box winding for an entire week then let it run down as see how long it takes. Wish I had my other two TB's here but they are off being customed.

Just to add... this is a watch with the original capacitor I tested first. My custom is going to have the lithium version. I will test it and share the results but the watch will not be back in hand until January. I figure the winder operated at 7.5 minutes per hour and I counted 20 turns in every 2 minutes so roughly got 1680 turns a day which SHOULD be enough to maintain a charge on especially the lithium... For now test 1 (original capacitor) failed in 5 days with about a half charge.