• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘What does it look like where you are right now? Post your pic here!

This 90% will continue to drop as the sun comes up...

I doubt it gets 90% humidity anywhere on the planet when the sun is out...

...and especially not on a normal 90 degree sunny day...

83AECDDB-7DD1-4560-A727-CC7FC4603399.jpeg

Don’t we have members in Singapore? They’re probably giving you serious side eye about your low low humidity right about now!

I sympathise though, hot and humid is gruesome...
You'd be surprised

Singapore's humidity is only very slightly more than Houston (we're talking about 3 or 4%)

Houston is basically Phillipines

1DEDC167-BF62-4225-BA5E-827AFD3DCDCD.jpeg

I don't understand the "feels like" temperatures they do.

Like...how does it feel differently than what it is.....I just cant

It’s that whole emotional thing. I “feel offended” or I “feel insert comment here”. Besides it based on the perception of a 147lb man walking at 3.5mph in a light breeze in the late 70’s.

It’s like listening to import owners of the late 90’s talk about their hp to cubic inch ratio of their motors for being slower than the V8 drivers.

Sweating is our body's way of cooling itself. Obviously when we get too hot we sweat, and the sweat evaporates off our skin.

Evaporation is a cooling process, so when we sweat in dry air, our skin will cool. This evaporation process is the same reason why when you get out of the shower, you are cold.

When the air is saturated with water, like on a humid day, evaporation is much slower. The air is already full of water, and can’t hold much more.

Your body will sweat in an attempt to cool itself, but you only end up wet and hot without this sweat evaporating.

Low humidity will make the air feel cooler. For example, if the air temperature was 100 degrees, with a dry dewpoint of 25, the heat index would only be 93. This type of hot dry air is common in the western United States in summer.

👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

And that, my friends, is why I have been in Yuma, Death Valley, Phoenix, West Texas and 29 Palms and wondered why everyone thought it was hot...

110-117 degrees feels excellent, especially to someone from Houston or New Orleans or Mobile or Birmingham etc etc...

Latest Posts

Back