• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Else Do You Collect Besides Oakley? Any Hobbies Or Talents?

Drummer here as well....love my DW Collectors Kit

aee781ba-fc72-21aa.jpg

:drool:

Attachments

• aee781ba-fc72-21aa.jpg
    aee781ba-fc72-21aa.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 278
  • aee781ba-fc72-21aa.jpg
    aee781ba-fc72-21aa.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 314
Transformers Gen1 Takara Masterpieces, and building cars. I'm actually trying to get out of the building car hobby. I actually got more into collecting Oakley glasses as a way to get me off car building, but it doesn't work to pick up another hobby when the first one is not done. Now i'm just finishing up building a car while I'm trying to get Oakley glasses, I've just made it into a worse $$ drain, haha. I just got a little bit to to finish my current car project (which should be my last, I dropped a freakin house down payment on this one), and then I can really get into the Oakley thing and just stick to Oakley glasses and Transformers.

Used to be heavy into collecting CD's and DVD's. Before iTunes, my CD collection was roughly 3,000+ and my DVD's were roughly 2,000+. I worked at Tower Records for a couple of years, and that's when my 'habit' started...every paycheck was blown on CD's and DVD's. Now, thanks to my Oakley 'habit', I've been selling off my CD's and DVD's for more O funds.

I still hunt for certain Vinyl records. Nothing classic like one would think. I collect mainly Detroit and Chicago Ghetto Tech. Its a genre of underground Dance music. If the name DJ Godfather, DJ Assault, DJ Deeon, DJ Funk etc... ring a bell. Then you know the type of Music I am talking about. Working on completing the entire Chicago Dance Mania release of vinyl. A lot that I have finally tracked down are just growing in worth. They are super rare and hard to come by these days...

DVD's and now more so, Blu-Rays are getting out of hand. Esp 3D stuff.

Uluahunter - I need to talk to you! I had a free download that tower gave out quite some time ago. It was a limited release of Bawitdaba by Kid Rock. I have never been able to locate this song anywhere again. I have searched for years... And it mysteriously deleted from my MP3 files, or misplaced in the 20TB of Media I have acquired over the years.

bills and memories is about all I can do...3000 cd's is a lot of music and 2000 dvd's is 2000 more than I own...Oakleys were as close to a collector's thing as I ever had and that's waning ...a friend of mine has about the same amount 3000/2000 and home theater stuff worth a fortune...he's already declared bankruptcy once...but I am amazed by the sheer amount of stuff he gets...dvd's in robot head boxes and such I guess they become rare after while...His living room is like a store...if I had a dvd player Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be the only movie I'd own

I still hunt for certain Vinyl records. Nothing classic like one would think. I collect mainly Detroit and Chicago Ghetto Tech. Its a genre of underground Dance music. If the name DJ Godfather, DJ Assault, DJ Deeon, DJ Funk etc... ring a bell. Then you know the type of Music I am talking about. Working on completing the entire Chicago Dance Mania release of vinyl. A lot that I have finally tracked down are just growing in worth. They are super rare and hard to come by these days...

DVD's and now more so, Blu-Rays are getting out of hand. Esp 3D stuff.

Uluahunter - I need to talk to you! I had a free download that tower gave out quite some time ago. It was a limited release of Bawitdaba by Kid Rock. I have never been able to locate this song anywhere again. I have searched for years... And it mysteriously deleted from my MP3 files, or misplaced in the 20TB of Media I have acquired over the years.

Nice! I can't tell you how many special editions/limited releases I've lost, misplaced or just loaned out and never got back. Whenever the reps would come to visit, they'd let a select few of us go raid their stashes in their cars. We would get all kinds of things...sample CD's, pre-screening movies (on VHS, LOL), posters, etc....those were the days! The Kid Rock you're talking about came out after my stint at Tower (I worked there from 1990-1992, I think...). I'm willing to guess that it's in your 20TB of media somewhere...20TB's!!!! Now that's a collection!!!

bills and memories is about all I can do...3000 cd's is a lot of music and 2000 dvd's is 2000 more than I own...Oakleys were as close to a collector's thing as I ever had and that's waning ...a friend of mine has about the same amount 3000/2000 and home theater stuff worth a fortune...he's already declared bankruptcy once...but I am amazed by the sheer amount of stuff he gets...dvd's in robot head boxes and such I guess they become rare after while...His living room is like a store...if I had a dvd player Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be the only movie I'd own

Yeah, my collection grew because I never really threw anything away. The only time I would "lose" anything was if I lent it out to friends or family and never got it back, LOL. Once streaming media and OTA downloads became mainstream, I realized that my "collection" was just money tied up, and slowly depreciating. The last garage sale we had I could barely sell my DVD's and CD's for a buck or two. I think I've whittle everything down to a few hundred items, which just sit in storage bins waiting for the next garage sale.

watches, clarice cliff art deco pottery, autographs (old stars like bruce lee), i did but sold them all now, vintage nike trainers

Back