• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What lenses to choose to wear in office/home

elion

Oakley Beginner
Hi all, i want to buy Oakley holbrook with perscription lenses as my daily glasses (working at office, siting at computer, and other indoor staff)
And i cant decide about lens, i dont want to by clear lens, because it's not so cool looking.
So one variant to buy Black Iridium Transition i think it is better chouse for home wearing.
But i also think to buy 24k Iridium or fire iridium but im not sure is it possible to wear this lens at home with low lighting? Can you help me.

You sound like a Titanium Clear candidate.
72% transmissibility is fine for indoor use ( 24K and Fire are much too dark indoors), and the grey iridium flash is pretty cool.
Please excuse the grizzly model, but this is the best pic I have.
22778189746_6c1e995ba1_z.jpg

You sound like a Titanium Clear candidate.
72% transmissibility is fine for indoor use ( 24K and Fire are much too dark indoors), and the grey iridium flash is pretty cool.
Please excuse the grizzly model, but this is the best pic I have.
View attachment 313370
Maybe this is good chouse, but where to find this type of lens, iam living in russia and i will buy glasses and lenses through internet in some other country (uk or usa) and on all websites that i visit it possible to order three type of transition lenses: grey, bronze, and black iridium. Maybe you now where i can find titanium?

Hi all, i want to buy Oakley holbrook with perscription lenses as my daily glasses (working at office, siting at computer, and other indoor staff)
And i cant decide about lens, i dont want to by clear lens, because it's not so cool looking.
So one variant to buy Black Iridium Transition i think it is better chouse for home wearing.
But i also think to buy 24k Iridium or fire iridium but im not sure is it possible to wear this lens at home with low lighting? Can you help me.
If you don't need an Rx lens, and just looking for a computer lens to block blue light you could PM @Chris A Hardaway a member here. He can cut custom lenses for quite a few frames. He is well respected here and might be able to help you if you cannot find what you are looking for in retail and I'd much more reliable than an auction.

Custom lenses won't be cheap, but you will get the very best in quality.

****Disclaimer**** I have never purchased any lenses from Chris but I have read many posts from others who have A+ reviews in his work and nothing but good things to say about him.

You could also consider a "Prevencia" coated, blue light blocking indoor lens. They'll look mostly clear, with a slight yellow tint (very very pale), then have almost a purple mirror coating to them.

You could also consider a "Prevencia" coated, blue light blocking indoor lens. They'll look mostly clear, with a slight yellow tint (very very pale), then have almost a purple mirror coating to them.
Since you chimed in Chris, I'll ask.......I know you can do customs of these "Prevencia" coated lenses. Are you limited to specific frames?

I've been thinking about getting a pair of glasses for all the computer time I have to endure (Pr0n & lots of Superbowl 51 replays :))

Normally I would have PM'd you directly but thought it was appropriate based on the topic of the thread for other's to see (rather than having to search)

Do computer glasses work? I don't need Rx, but I work at a computer all day and noticed my eyes do start to get a little blurry/tired towards the end of the day.

Latest Posts

Back