• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Maybe those individuals he speaks about won’t pay for a premium membership bc of the way the forum is currently run. Just a thought.
Like I said, they've admitted to not using the system they're complaining about not working the way they want it to work. That's separate from contributing. Not contributing while doing that just makes them look worse.

It's okay if y'all don't want to publicly agree with me, I do understand. I'm not wrong in thinking that people contributing nothing should be more grateful for the things they get for free, and should be less apt to make demands considering they are getting the services for free!

@Oaks 'Between The Hedges' Jordan Reed's ankle didn't look good on the replay.
@zcrxsi Good point.

Speaking of pro sports... a lot of people are currently not watching and are demanding that the politics stay off the field and until that happens they are personally boycotting the league. Am I to understand that those people are wrong to voice their opinion and demand change because they don’t have a season pass or the like?

Speaking of pro sports... a lot of people are currently not watching and are demanding that the politics stay off the field and until that happens they are personally boycotting the league. Am I to understand that those people are wrong to voice their opinion and demand change because they don’t have a season pass or the like?
Bro you can be adversarial all you want. All you're doing is saying that welfare recipients and government housing dwellers are A Okay to demand better lawn care services, and better home maintenance...while not paying for either!

It's ok. I know you're unwilling to be intellectually honest. That, or scared to say anything against your buddies. Either way, demanding things that you dont pay for is 100% unethical!

Bro you can be adversarial all you want. All you're doing is saying that welfare recipients and government housing dwellers are A Okay to demand better lawn care services, and better home maintenance...while not paying for either!

It's ok. I know you're unwilling to be intellectually honest. That, or scared to say anything against your buddies. Either way, demanding things that you dont pay for is 100% unethical!

How am I being adversarial? I told you how I felt about this discussion, posed a question to you and, instead of answering my relevant question, you degrade me.

You say that forum members should not be able to have an opinion about this unless they pay, but everyone that uses the forum does pay one way or another. Either by direct payments for premium memberships OR by Adsense. Just visiting a thread makes the owner(s) money.

How am I being adversarial? I told you how I felt about this discussion, posed a question to you and, instead of answering my relevant question, you degrade me.

You say that forum members should not be able to have an opinion about this unless they pay, but everyone that uses the forum does pay one way or another. Either by direct payments for premium memberships OR by Adsense. Just visiting a thread makes the owner(s) money.
You disregarded everything I said and brought up something entirely different. I never said they couldn't express their opinion, never. I have said that it is unethical and wrong to make demands for better improved services that one isn't at least paying for. Philosophically I feel you agree, but you can't be intellectually honest because then you'd have to agree with me and go agaisnt your friends. Not everyone can be fearless. Not everyone can be leaders. The world needs the weak too. The world needs followers too. Carry on.....

No reason to get any more heated here. Bottom line is there are two opinions here. I understand and respect both. The site is never meant to be for only the paid members at all, at the same time, yes it helps keep the lights on. We equally recognize there is always improvements to be made, just about finding a middle ground across what everyone wants!

They've been doing that for years. I worked as a maintenance foreman in Section 8/low income housing for 15 years before I retired. I seen and heard that every day.

No reason to get any more heated here. Bottom line is there are two opinions here. I understand and respect both. The site is never meant to be for only the paid members at all, at the same time, yes it helps keep the lights on. We equally recognize there is always improvements to be made, just about finding a middle ground across what everyone wants!
As it should be. It is, after all, a public forum that is free to the public. Like anything else though, levels of contribution open access to more and better features. Pay nothing you get the basic features, pay more you get more. There is no more equitable way for things to be done!

Latest Posts

Back