• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Frogs Became Cool Again

Feelin' Froggy

Oakley Beginner
I bought my first pairs of Frogs around '93/'94. Most of my friends were into the blades at the time (b/c they all played baseball). I wore my Frogs to the point they became one of my trademarks. It seemed like forever to me, but in reality it was '98 when my last pair broke, and the stores didn't carry them anymore. It was then I migrated to the original Fives, and then to the Square Wires.

About 2 years ago, the Wires broke, and I thought, "Hey, it'd be cool to rock some Frogskins. No one around me in Alabama has any. I bet I can find some on eBay." To my surprise, they were, of course, starting around $200 for a pair. I was shocked. I figured I'd find some dirt cheap. So I did research, and the rest is reacquisition/addiction history.

My question is this. Does anyone know the exact point in time Frogskins were "back"? Was there a re-release that sparked it? Did someone famous rock some?

Just interested.

Supreme rerelease in 2007, which led to the production rerelease later that year which continues to go on to this day.

Many celebrities wear them now but I heard the first one to "bring them back" was Kanye West. Not too sure how true that is but it was discussed here before

Latest Posts

Back