• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who is best source for buying replacement lens?

I promise these are not paid testimonials. I'm a lucky man who works hard to be a great optician.
There is a difference. It's the usual, you get what you pay for!!! What frame will you be needing them for. I service many frames, as many as I can, but not all.

@THE X-MAN IS A GREAT GUY FOR TUNE-UPS AND HAS HIS OWN WEBSITE.
@"TRUMP" IS THE KING OF O-TOWN. Some might say. Hang around @Wicced and stay to chat. We've all learned a lot here.
Who’s @"TRUMP" ?

Looking for some Green lens for X squared
Message me anytime, I'll get you hooked up. Jade Iridium lenses will run you $90 in the USA here, or I sell them on eBay for $99-102.95
There is also Prizm Jade or Prizm Jade Polarized which can go up to $130. But in an Xmetal frame worth $400 why would you want cheap lenses right?

As a total sunglass novice, let me say I'm *very* impressed by this forum and how passionate folks are here about Oakleys.

You've got guys that cut lenses...do tuneups...and can point you to the right folks to take care of you depending on the situation.

Just, wow.

I don't see this kind of enthusiasm for Costa shades, but maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough...

I think it's mostly the X metal community. You can do more with them due to the durability. Old saying, if it's heavy it's expensive. I personally hate all plastic glasses, including most all the oakley styles. Any plastic glasses are basically the same , I'd never pay 200 plus dollars for plastic oakleys for sure, and most the frames are ugly. 10$ gas station glasses seem just as good. And noones going to get up in your face to check the brand of your glasses other then a vain nobody. But the X metals all seem nice style wise, dont feel cheap, and can take a hit.

I think it's mostly the X metal community. You can do more with them due to the durability. Old saying, if it's heavy it's expensive. I personally hate all plastic glasses, including most all the oakley styles. Any plastic glasses are basically the same , I'd never pay 200 plus dollars for plastic oakleys for sure, and most the frames are ugly. 10$ gas station glasses seem just as good. And noones going to get up in your face to check the brand of your glasses other then a vain nobody. But the X metals all seem nice style wise, dont feel cheap, and can take a hit.

You know, i really appreciate what you had to say there. One of the challenges I have in pulling the trigger and buying "nice" sunglasses is it's hard for me to get past feeling like for the most part, plastic sunglasses are plastic sunglasses.

Then again...I've also been hoping my research--including time in this forum--can help me get a better idea whether that's right or wrong.

I'm sure if you perused threads from some of the forums customizers (@zwc0442 , @Rick58 , @SouLFuLFroG , @Wavecloud , @Bonz-1 , etc) you may change your mind on the "plastic" glasses.

Back