• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are people (Forum members included) so cheap?

Ok, just saw the thread you may be referring to...

I don't think anyone is going to give you more than $800-850 for a Carbon Ichiro Juliet...

You've been trying to sell it for months...

Hold out and wait for the sucker that sees the thread and wants them in his collection...

Good luck, sir :)

Hey Litos, thanks for the honesty. Could be construed a bit as a backhanded compliment brother but I'm just not in the mood to feed your post anymore than I am already with this post. And $800-$850 is stupid.

You have the luxury to say what you said because your aren't in my position. Yes I've been selling it for a while.

Let's say you have an IH Juliet for sale...

Someone else has an IH Juliet for sale that they JUST SOLD for $800...

If you're thinking the "market value" of your IH Juliet is $800 based on that person's sell, then you're completely wrong...sorry...

...also, if you're trying to recoup your money and move on, then expect to lose money...

Buying glasses and selling them is not a smart way to "make money"...you're not going to get what you put in...

Lastly, I'm not 100% sure what you're selling, but maybe it's overpriced anyways, seeing as you're selling glasses to a tiny audience...

You'll know if it's overpriced if it's been sitting for weeks at a time and the thread is full of bumps...

Yes as I've conceded earlier that my asking price currently is higher than "market" based on how long it's been out there. So be it.

And you're wrong about your IH example. If someone sold for $800, why wouldn't I be able to?

Nothing is guaranteed granted but that's the only logical formula to follow if/when I decide to sell a similar item

You will always have the tire kickers. Take it as a compliment because they are envying something you possess which they would love to have someday. Maybe try eBay as you will cast a much wider net on potential buyers.

Its actually sister(LOL), but I would define taking care of others as being honest in dealings and treating others with respect. When someone is down on there luck here or something of the like, this great group of members soars up to help in anyway they can. I have seen it time and time again and it is amazing how generous and caring most of the members are on here. Which I don't mean to say that you don't do that because honestly I don't know you. If people on here aren't treating you with respect then I would just ignore them. After a while I would hope they would figure out what they are doing is disrespectful and stop. When buying I don't like to haggle, I will ask them what is their best price and if it is not in the range I want to pay then I say thank you and move on. It saves time and energy on my part. And as a seller I love when people say what is your best price, I tell them and the either buy it or don't, simple and quick. I'm not saying you should give your items away, all I am saying is what I have done and my results. You are trying to sell your entire collection and get out of collecting Oakleys altogether? If you want to sell it all at once then shoot me a PM. I like to buy in bulk. :)

My apologies sister. Did not know that. Anyway thanks for your well reasoned responses, I'm not as irritated as I was earlier at the APEX of my frustration.

Just talking it out helps

No worries my friend. I don't take it as an insult at all. Sometimes talking it out is all you need. Most of us are more than happy to help anyone out. Someone will come along that wants your Ichiros. Another Idea would be to maybe close that thread if you can and start a new one with your price you have now. Some people look at the price dropping and think they will wait until it drops some more since it has already dropped some. Put firm on your price if that is what you want to get out of it and stick to your guns.

P.S.
Market Value only exists on a market

The main problem is that your CURRENT MARKET is OakleyForum, and if you narrow it down to the 10-15 people that would actually buy these things, you're market is microscopic...

The "market" for Carbon Ichiros may very well be @ $1000, but your selling these things on a forum where maaaaaaybe 10 people would buy them...

If those 10 people aren't interested, then you need to expand your market...

Back