• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

why oakley don't make watches anymore

karasugenji

I should Work at Oakley
Maybe i missed the discussion but i was always wondering why they don't make watches anymore. i think their sales was not that bad on these products right? and in terms of design they were by far the best you can see. too pricey to produce maybe?
Any answer will be helpful

That's bad they took such decision,🥺.
Actually after they took over the brand i was not fan of the design of Oakley's items.so nostalgic of the 90's. But i noticed recently they do have some old inspiration so I started to buy again 🤣
Join the line. There's more than a few people (on OF and elsewhere)with those thoughts too. I buy the occasion new piece, but is few and far between, I 'm affraid:(

thank for the article it was very interesting. so oakley stopped to make watch in 2015 because of they couldn't really target their market . Now with a new market study's i think takumi san can revive it, he is still working as oakley's creative leader right?

Any1 can service oakley watches. Nothing to them. As far as finding parts, that’s a whole nother story
I have had a hard time finding people willing to do service on them actually the past few years other than a few local Jewelers. Most don't like the risk in case of breaking them and not being able to replace or find parts so not worth the risk. I have a few GMT's, a Judge II Limited Edition, and a Blade. The GMT's are the hardest to have serviced by far IMO

I have had a hard time finding people willing to do service on them actually the past few years other than a few local Jewelers. Most don't like the risk in case of breaking them and not being able to replace or find parts so not worth the risk. I have a few GMT's, a Judge II Limited Edition, and a Blade. The GMT's are the hardest to have serviced by far IMO
The movements for the GMT are pretty much unobtainable. I've searched high and low for them. It wasn't one of Oakley's better choices for it. IMHO

Back