• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal - Worth Repairing?

Jase_nz

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Hi Guys I have had these for a long long time. I was going to throw them away but a friend said they are collectable and not to. The problem is the nosebridge needs repairing as it is very loose.

Can somebody please advise me if they know of anybody in Australia that repairs the nosebridge and how much it costs? and also are they worth repairing? or should I just sell the frames as a project since I have a new pair of Oakley's now?

I am unsure what model they are so have included a pic of the serial number. I have put aftermarket lens in since the others perished about 10 years ago.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Oakley1.jpg
Oakley2.jpg

Nope...

They’re trash

Send them to me in Houston - I will pay for shipping and a proper burial...

Nope...

They’re trash

Send them to me in Houston - I will pay for shipping and a proper burial...
Yeah fair enough bro. I'll see what the X-metal workshop says. if gonna cost too much to repair and buy some new polarized lens ill probably just sell them for a project or parts. apparently some serial numbers and models are better than others

They are a juliet plasma gen 2. Definitely worth repairing.
Yeah ive been looking around the forum and it seems that way. I was unsure I bought them from a surf shop that was closing down in 2003 for AUD$300. TBH they have been my car sunglasses for about 3 years since the nose bridge got loose and I replaced the lens I was going to scrap them I put them on facebook market for $20 but nobody wanted them so I thought id investigate getting them repaired. They seem collectable and ive always liked them so I think ill get them restored if it is in my budget or else ill upgrade my membership and sell them as is on the forum. Thanks for your input mate it is much appreciated. Jase

Back