• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold XM XS Beater $275 OBO Shipped Con US

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Okay. I have kind of struggled with what i want to do with this pair. Its an XS XM with Ruby non polar. the sku on the arm is the correct one for the lenses and finish. Lenses are worn and finish is in good shape. Its a nice looking pair at first glance, but I am honest abe when selling anything... So the orbital on the left side is *rounded" whereas the right is proper at a sharp angle. the rounded orbital is missing the rubber inset that the edge of the lense sits on inside the orbital itself, so I stuck the edge of a clear screen protector in there just to prevent the tiny gap from being as bad as it let light through the bottom of the lense, but its not totally flat nor flush still.

That being said, i feel like the last owner, who according to the pawn shop i bought them from, was a former Oakley employee in NV at the facility these were made, replaced the left orbital with a parts/warranty one, which tend to be curved vs the sharp angle on the bottom x squared typically has.

That being said, functionally, the frame is okay albeit kinda loose, but not floppy, and the lenses are scratched in multiple places and should be considered scrap/beaters. the asymmetrical aspect drives me nuts. most people wouldnt be that bothered by it, but im kinda ocd.

i jumped on these at around $300, not knowing, but im wanting to move on from this pair and i know enough to not expect to get all i have in them back out, but im also not *that* desperate.

they have LG olive green rubbers. i have the original, worn, used black rubber somewhere, but i couldnt find them perusing all my rubber and extra parts today trying to find an extra blue gasket for another member. (found an extra violet but no blue lol)

*If* these sell and i find the stock used unobtanium before i ship, ill throw them in.

All of that being said, if i cant recoup a good bit of what i have in them, i will probably just give them to one of my kids as their first x metals or use them for work/cutting grass until i can nab an extra orbital. lol. But if someone wants these, im not too attached to hear out a reasonable offer. i will include the Bolle microfiber i got with them and the glasses themselves as described.

I dont ship worldwide anymore as i got burnt a few times when i bought/sold/traded Nine Inch Nails cds and vinyls on ETS in the early 2000's and still dont have much confidence in shipping internationally.
It doesnt necessarily mean i wont, but id really rather not.

IMG_20190307_123958.jpg

IMG_20190307_124019.jpg

IMG_20190307_124035.jpg

IMG_20190307_124912.jpg

IMG_20190307_123918.jpg

IMG_20190307_124950.jpg

IMG_20190307_123938.jpg

IMG_20190307_125355.jpg

IMG_20190307_123942.jpg

IMG_20190307_124047.jpg

IMG_20190307_124408.jpg

IMG_20190307_124420.jpg

IMG_20190307_124856.jpg

IMG_20190307_124420__01.jpg

IMG_20190307_125355__01.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Great price. Should sell quickly.

Sorry I can't help with this one. You want that to be soft and spongy. I would cut a tiny strip of foam and stick it there. Maybe sticky back foam so it's easier.

Good price man.

Username Hidden said:
Sorry I can't help with this one. You want that to be soft and spongy. I would cut a tiny strip of foam and stick it there. Maybe sticky back foam so it's easier.
Good price man.
thanks, man. yeah i have a broken badman that lives in my flip up sunglass holder in my car i considered pulling and trimming a donor from, but despite 2 broken orbitals, that pair is functional enough that when all other options are out, they are usable-ish so i haven't pulled it apart for harvesting as it serves *some* purpose still.

Last edited:
Wow, how of these not gone yet??? If you were in the UK I would have snapped them up. Just don't like paying 22% tax and the dollar is crapping on the Pound at the moment.

bc of the one rounded warranty orbital and one stock orbital i imagine. :)

Ok, I’ll bite, pm

SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.