• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your predictions for Oakleys future in the next 5 years!

I’m terrified of what happens to x metal if they start to 3D print it. $2000 Frogskin from titanium, $14k for the pair that’s yet to be seen by anyone.

Just wondering, doesn’t the jawbreaker lens change by lifting the nose pad up and it opens the jaw?
I would hope this is because they haven’t mass produced them at cost efficient prices and that this is a test run of the technology. Once the price to produce them comes down so will the price. I hope 🤞🏻

It all depends on leadership. If they keep the same leadership or get someone worse like a Bezos who only cares about squeezing out every penny of profit, then I see gas station Oakley’s and more bland apparel that looks exactly like Under Armour. If they get a creative person who gives the people what they want then I see good things. But right now Oakley is in a downward spiral and when I think they can’t suck any worse they surprise me and suck even more and completely ignore customers.

I’m terrified of what happens to x metal if they start to 3D print it. $2000 Frogskin from titanium, $14k for the pair that’s yet to be seen by anyone.

Just wondering, doesn’t the jawbreaker lens change by lifting the nose pad up and it opens the jaw?
...and I wonder if someone on here has the means to by the 14k and actually purchases them

1. Further merging of styles across luxoticas company names into one mold under several brands
2. More cheap gimmicks at stupid prices
3. I see no future for X metal in Oakley that will work Ex. Badman Madman fiasco/ Overpriced gimmick replicas, already shows it wont work
4. A desperate attempt to step backwards and a royal embarrassing screw up as a result
5. Hobby becomes more lucrative and classics continue to rise in popularity as the realization that Oakley is now just another Lux company flipping quick bucks for the investors bonuses and the Oakley of past has closed its doors a long time ago.

Last edited:
1. Further merging of styles across luxoticas company names into one mold under several brands
2. More cheap gimmicks at stupid prices
3. I see no future for X metal in Oakley that will work Ex. Badman Madman fiasco/ Overpriced gimmick replicas, already shows it wont work
4. A desperate attempt to step backwards and a royal embarrassing screw up as a result
5. Hobby becomes more lucrative and classics continue to rise in popularity as the realization that Oakley is now just another Lux company flipping quick bucks for the investors bonuses and the Oakley of past has closed its doors a long time ago.
Oh wait.... All of that has already happened! Well... I see more continuation of #1 and #5

Back