• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

16 Years Old M Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarpreza

Oakley Beginner
Is there a market for it ? been an oakley fans starting about 16 yrs ago. M frame was cool back then and turned out I didn't really wear itmuch since It doesn't really fit my head. Wondering if its worth selling.

BTW I am new here !! from Vancouver Canada

LINK

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Yea I will probably post it on ebay if there are enough interest, I did some research and only see newer once for sale.

I was playing around with it last night and I notice when I hold up the glasses closely in a certain angle I can see small little cracks, not sure if it is a big deal. Is this common with Vintage M frame ? These glasses wasn't even worm much I am surprised. See link 4 on first post

I mean I probably want to ebay it off if It worth triple digi. I am just too lazy to pack and run to the post office for something like $40bux , I might as well keep it for few more years. :)

Yeah, the crystal colors are especially brittle, but the old M Frames aren't exactly super durable. They're being constantly stressed from the lens in there, as well, so they might just snap one day.

As for what they're worth... It really depends. If you had the old box they'd be over $100 easily. Just the glasses as they are? The cracks bring it down from a mint condition, but if the lens is in great shape, and the arms don't have cracks at the hinges, and the rubber's clean... you'd probably still be pressing over $100. It all depends on who sees it, how bad they want it, etc etc.

You'd have no problem getting $75, and possibly as high as $150 if the right person sees and wants them. Any higher than that and they need to be pristine, or with box, or the right person has to be looking for those exact shades.

That was how my blue ones went.I was playing tennis in them one day after I had a few marks like those, turned my head quickly and they split in half.
I've never had a "solid" colour early m frame Ruspot, did they last better?
As for value I just got a mint crystal black with good rubbers and 3 lenses for my birthday from the Mrs she tells me it was about £50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back