• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

50 years old, twenty five years oakley fan gets his first juliets,guess what ?

markh

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
I don't like them aaaaarrhh, First thing that hit me was how small they were, and lack of peripheral vision, I've been wearing the same straight jackets for 17 years and its like they are part of my head now ! so a bit of a downer when I slipped on the Juliet's, more so because they are an absolutely beautiful piece of kit. I was considering going to a jungle somewhere to get my head shrunk.
I want to stick with x metals, would xx make a difference, or even romeo 2? (not a fan of romeo 1)
I'm not bothered about coins, boxes and matching serial numbers, they wont be going in a cabinet or just brought out for special occasions, they will be going on my head. Any help will be appreciated.

Fab site, nice to know there are other people who get enthusiastic about sunglasses !
Kind regards
Mark

XX would make a difference. Good thing is you should have no prob selling them if u don't like them.

I like the juliets too but found my head to be a little large for them. I found the XS to be perfect for me. I haven't tried the XX so that could be another option.

@markh
Coming from M-Frame and Radars I am quite used to my entire field, and extended field, of vision being covered by the lenses. More peripheral than I ever needed and great wind coverage to boot. My lifestyle frame choices are Holbrook, Hijinx, Fuel Cell, and some others that all offered me that (similar) coverage. However...when I got my first pair of Juliets I felt then like you do now....There's no way these will work! But after wearing them for a while I am now used to the lesser (not limited) coverage these lenses afford me. So much so that I have multiple pairs and they are my favorite frame now. Give them a little more time on your face if you can...you may change your mind about what they are and what they can do.
I am certain the XX would be as much of a pleasure to wear , if not a little more, but the Juliets work so well for me now that I want an XX simply to have, not because I need it.

:)

Back